9/8 GT: Sox @ Detroit - 6:05pm CDT - CSN+

knightni

AJ was on the radio today talking about how if they win 90 and lose the division its not so bad. They will be upset that they lost and all, but 90 wins. yeah.

So basically we fattened up on a good stretch against the NL, played like crap for months at a time this year. Our first two months of the season, and our record against bad teams and our division are the tombstones on our playoff chances this year. We are running out of time and our team is taking it in the pooper.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Sep 8, 2010 -> 06:00 PM)
AJ was on the radio today talking about how if they win 90 and lose the division its not so bad. They will be upset that they lost and all, but 90 wins. yeah.

So basically we fattened up on a good stretch against the NL, played like crap for months at a time this year. Our first two months of the season, and our record against bad teams and our division are the tombstones on our playoff chances this year. We are running out of time and our team is taking it in the pooper.

ozzies said something to the same effect. defeatist if you ask me.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Sep 8, 2010 -> 08:02 PM)
Except for the fact that it would be a 1-1 game right now....

And I think there's a decent argument that it might be 1-0. Danks had to throw a lot of extra pitches that inning, and with the Sox going down quick, didn't really get much of a breather and hit around a bit the next inning too.

But either way, those 4 runs are the difference right now. What a dud.

• Thanks 1

QUOTE (Pale Sox @ Sep 8, 2010 -> 07:04 PM)
And I think there's a decent argument that it might be 1-0. Danks had to throw a lot of extra pitches that inning, and with the Sox going down quick, didn't really get much of a breather and hit around a bit the next inning too.

But either way, those 4 runs are the difference right now. What a dud.

Yeah, either way you slice it, we shouldn't be 3 outs away from getting our asses kicked.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Sep 8, 2010 -> 08:05 PM)
Yeah, either way you slice it, we shouldn't be 3 outs away from getting our asses kicked.

That was a T H R E E pitch T H R E E out inning Danks threw.....and his team SUCKED!!!!! This loss is not on Danks' shoulders. Gutsy outing for Danksy!

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Sep 9, 2010 -> 02:00 AM)

Yep, heard the same thing and made me sick. It's so time for a change of leadership, starting with the manager and including some of the veterans.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Sep 8, 2010 -> 08:08 PM)
come back and split tomorrow -- still a chance for a great 8-2 road trip.

8-2 is a good road trip. The fact that we started 7-0 and are looking to salvage a split with Detroit because we forgot how to play baseball however gives me a bad taste.

Tomorrow or bust.

If we lose tomorrow the division is over I think. Even if the Twins lose tonight (1-0 in the 5th), you know they won't lose tomorrow. If we fall 5.5 back we're toast...Sox would need to win like 19 games and hope the Twins play .500 the rest of the way. Not happening.

Win tomorrow and see where we are.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Sep 8, 2010 -> 06:12 PM)
8-2 is a good road trip. The fact that we started 7-0 and are looking to salvage a split with Detroit because we forgot how to play baseball however gives me a bad taste.

dropping 2 in a row after some gutsy wins really is a kick to the balls. But it would be nice to get on track before facing the '08 sox this weekend.