Game Thread! 9/9/10 Sox @ Tigers

hogan873

Yeah, things are not looking good. But, I still expect this race to come down to the last week of the season. Minnesota will lose a few games, and hopefully 2 or 3 are against the Sox. To be honest, I think it will be very tough to catch up to the Twins, but I won't stop cheering for them.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Sep 9, 2010 -> 07:33 AM)
Yeah, things are not looking good. But, I still expect this race to come down to the last week of the season. Minnesota will lose a few games, and hopefully 2 or 3 are against the Sox. To be honest, I think it will be very tough to catch up to the Twins, but I won't stop cheering for them.

Yeah, all the Sox can do is win as many as possible, and hope the Twins come back down to earth. As good a team as they may be, going on a 35-12 run is just absurd for ANY team. That's a .745 winning percentage over about 2 months' worth of games. Unreal.

Look as much as this team has pissed me off i still will not give up knowing maybe just maybe we can sweep the twins and hopefully they panic and slide. i like the twins playing the jays at the end, jays are a good spoiler team. but win or lose i am proud the way they never gave up and proud to be a SOX FAN!!!!!

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Sep 9, 2010 -> 09:05 AM)
Do your magic Gavin! An 8-2 road trip is nothing to sneeze about

True, especially considering a sweep of the BoSox. We were spoiled by the sweep of Cleveland and Boston, so we were expecing the Sox to handle Detroit better. Regardless, 8-2 on a road trip is good. It's just a shame the damn Twins won't lose.

Look as much as this team has pissed me off i still will not give up knowing maybe just maybe we can sweep the twins and hopefully they panic and slide. i like the twins playing the jays at the end, jays are a good spoiler team. but win or lose i am proud the way they never gave up and proud to be a SOX FAN!!!!!

Twins will have the division well in hand so who gives a s*** about the Jays.

QUOTE (flavum @ Sep 9, 2010 -> 09:37 AM)
Pierre LF, Vizquel 2B, Rios CF, Konerko 1B, M. Ramirez, DH Quentin RF, Castro C, A. Ramirez SS, Morel 3B

Jackson CF, Rhymes 2B, Damon DH, Raburn LF, Boesch RF, Peralta SS, Kelly 1B, Inge 3B, Avila C

No Teahen. Still no Cabrera for the Tigers. We can win with these line-ups. Go Gavin!

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 9, 2010 -> 09:40 AM)
But being banned, now that is f***ing hilarious.

Seriously, what was up with that guy? Jeez. Anyway, I am excited to see the debut of Brent Morel. The Sox are going to have to dominate the upcoming homestand to make the season interesting, but today would be a good place to start the massive winning streak.

Porcello has been the Sox b**** this season, keep that s*** up today, make it an 8-2 road trip. If they can keep the deficit at 4-5 games back heading into next Tuesday, they at least will give themselves a chance to play their way back in the race.

Edited by LittleHurt05

We can't afford to lose any more games. So yea- we BETTER win today. I don't know why but im clinging on life support right now. If we do sweep Minny- it can change everything. Here is what NEEDS to happen:

Win today: Gain a half game. (5 games back)

Sweep KC: Minny takes 2 of 3 in Cleveland. (4 games back)

Sweep Minny: (1 game back)

Minny then plays a tough Oakland team, while we play Detroit at home and I believe we can gain ground during this series as well.

IM KEEPING HOPE ALIVE JUST LIKE IT WAS 2005! But it all starts with today. . . .

The Sox went on a 10 game road trip while the Twins played 9 at home. If after this trip the end result is a loss of .5 game and going 8-2 you can not ask for anything more.

If the Twins play .900 ball all you can do is laugh and hope the Sox finish strong. My silver lining is I think thsi team will be really good next year.

I hope they can get a .5 game today and one over the weekend and g ofrom there. The Twins are great at home but can be beat on the road.....let's hope so.

QUOTE (Buehrlesque @ Sep 9, 2010 -> 09:46 AM)
Seriously, what was up with that guy? Jeez. Anyway, I am excited to see the debut of Brent Morel. The Sox are going to have to dominate the upcoming homestand to make the season interesting, but today would be a good place to start the massive winning streak.

obvioustroll.jpg