Sox vs. A's

The Ginger Kid

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Sep 20, 2010 -> 09:46 PM)
I keep wondering if Garcia could fill the role of long reliever/spot starter next year. I could be wrong, but I don't think we can count on him for another full year as the 5th starter. However, I think he could be an interesting candidate for the role that Pena has found himself in this year a lot, which is coming in early in certain games with the hope of giving the Sox somewhere around three or four innings before they could get to the end of the bullpen. I know a lot of it depends on the ability to get warm quickly in the bullpen, but if Freddy could make that transition, I think it could be a great niche for him.

Any analysis of the sox using X player properly requires the Ozzie factor to be analyzed. Garcia is family and if he is on the team and Ozzie is here he is a starter. If he hit lefty and was grindy Ozzie would consider him the best baseball player that has ever played.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Sep 21, 2010 -> 04:50 AM)
Any analysis of the sox using X player properly requires the Ozzie factor to be analyzed. Garcia is family and if he is on the team and Ozzie is here he is a starter. If he hit lefty and was grindy Ozzie would consider him the best baseball player that has ever played.

Thought for sure when I saw that you posted it was going to be another fantastic rant about Walker's hitters fading like crazy down the stretch, especially with the long ball.

If anyone is mildly interested.. Tigers won, but St. Louis lost. If the A's win, sox will still be 2 games back from St. Louis for the 18th pick but there will be a tie between the A's and Blue Jays for the 15th pick. Tigers slide down to 17th now. Can't believe they could be only 3 games back of us in the division (they are playing KC so it's possible they could be as close as a game back of us after this series).

Edited by J.Reedfan8

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Sep 21, 2010 -> 05:09 AM)
Should Kenny be marketing Pena as a possible starter on the trade market?

No, he's more valuable to the Sox as a possible replacement starter for guys like Peavy. Pena should start the rest of the season to see if he can keep this up.

Edited by fathom

I hope Don Cooper gets fired. The inability of, arguably 90% of our pitching staff including the pen, our pitchers to throw strikes or even get pitches near the plate is inexcusable. Is this improper coaching or poor workouts/conditioning? All I know is Cooper is the pitching coach and he isn't doing his f***ing job

Flame away. But keep asking yourself why Cooper is immune to criticism, when this s*** happens EVERY YEAR.

I hope Don Cooper gets fired. The inability of, arguably 90% of our pitching staff including the pen, our pitchers to throw strikes or even get pitches near the plate is inexcusable. Is this improper coaching or poor workouts/conditioning? All I know is Cooper is the pitching coach and he isn't doing his f***ing job

Flame away. But keep asking yourself why Cooper is immune to criticism, when this s*** happens EVERY YEAR.

As long as you agree Walker is even more deserving of being fired I have no problem with your point of view. If not I laugh.