2010 Fall TV Thread

Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 22, 2010 -> 09:39 AM)
I LOL'd a few times. It has potential.

Plus, there was a "huge mistake" reference. If you remember, the AD pilot wasn't exactly the funniest thing ever because they had so much to set up. However, there was a lot of stupid s*** in THIS pilot, and I certainly am not comparing the two in greatness, but Mitch Hurwitz and Will Arnett have earned a little leeway with me.

Even though that animated show they did with Jason Bateman was so awful.

The huge mistake reference may have been the only time I laughed at anything that wasn't pure Arnett. I'll give it another week or two but it didn't start off great.

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Cali @ Sep 22, 2010 -> 01:37 PM)
Lone Star was pretty great. Didn't feel like a network pilot, felt more like a cable pilot...Hopefully it lasts.

It looks good and it's getting rave reviews but I think I'm going to sit this one out, if I enjoy the pilot it's just going to piss me off when FOX cancels it sometime in the next 5 to 6 days. Then you're left with thoughts of what could have been since a handful of households in this country determine what gets to air and those morons can't get enough amateur singing competitions, athlete dance-offs and mind numbing procedurals. It's just sad.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 23, 2010 -> 09:09 AM)
Watched it because it had the guy from num3ers who I've met. The setup was cute, the dialogue was frankly...bad.

Hmm well i'll still give it a shot. A good premise/story to me is worth it even if the dialogue leaves something to be desired. At least initially.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Sep 23, 2010 -> 09:16 AM)
Hmm well i'll still give it a shot. A good premise/story to me is worth it even if the dialogue leaves something to be desired. At least initially.

I'd say it reminded me a lot of "Justice", a brief series that ran on Fox a few years ago. Good setup, writing was too over the top. Conveniently, that was also a Bruckheimer legal production. And both starred Eamonn Walker as "the black guy".

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Sep 22, 2010 -> 03:11 PM)
Raising Hope was pretty good, hard to ask too much from a pilot but it showed potential. Running Wilde on the other hand has an uphill battle with it's goofy comedy and annoying little girl narrator, I also don't see Keri Russell bringing a damn thing to the table.

Agreed.

I don't think the girl will be narrating the entire series... I saw it very much as a ploy to introduce a lot of elements all at once.

It'd be a thousand times better with Ron Howard narrating.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 23, 2010 -> 07:33 AM)
Sepinwall says "Outsourced" sucks. I guess we'll find out tonight.

Were you actually expecting it to be good in any way shape or form?

INDIAN CULTURE IS DIFFERENT FROM AMERICAN CULTURE!!11!!!!

ISNT IT WEIRD THAT YOU ALWAYS GET INDIAN PEOPLE WHEN YOU CALL CUSTOMER CARE? ISNT THAT HILARIOUS!!!1!!

Also, this show got Parks & rec's time slot, so it can go right to hell anyway...

Edited by Cali

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Sep 23, 2010 -> 06:44 AM)
Watched The Event last night. I liked it. I knew there was going to a sci-fi aspect to it, so I wasn't surprised. I hope it makes it and is done better than Flash Forward.

Can someone tell me in spoiler tags what happened? I'm not going to watch the show, but I always want to know the premise of shows.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 23, 2010 -> 10:37 AM)
Best part of Modern Family was when the little boy asked his mom what happened at the Rose Boewl, but the dad thought he meant what happened to his wife not looking as good as she used to in the picture from the Rose Bowl.

I found that just a bit odd, regardless, as Julie Bowen is mad hot.

QUOTE (Controlled Chaos @ Sep 23, 2010 -> 11:47 AM)
This will probably ruin things for a few of you.

0309_julie_bowen_00-480x720.jpg

Game over, man, game over!

Not often a chick looks way better with clothes on... she's lost a lot of weight in the last two years.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 23, 2010 -> 09:43 AM)
I could not agree more. I hate that they delayed their best program to debut this s***. We need more Ron Swanson.

Apparently P & R was the lowest rated of the Thursday comedies on NBC. Even though 30 Rock blows hard.