2010 Fall TV Thread

Steve9347

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Caught up on all the shows on my DVR. I like The Event so far. I hope it doesn't turn into another Flash Forward. Undercovers was good. Fast-paced with great action and better dialogue. Overall it seems pretty light, unlike JJ Abrams other stuff (Lost, Fringe). Speaking of Fringe, great start to the season. I like that they are fleshing out the other universe. Plus, now there are two Anna Torvs!

Edited by pittshoganerkoff

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 24, 2010 -> 11:26 PM)
I usually watch Friday Night Lights the next day online. Like hell I am waiting for the spring.

League is great.

Are the FNL episdoes online for free when its on Direct TV? I always wait til its on NBC, but if its available for free online during winter, hook it up.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 26, 2010 -> 12:12 AM)
Are the FNL episdoes online for free when its on Direct TV? I always wait til its on NBC, but if its available for free online during winter, hook it up.

Casttv.com is my friend.

They usually don't get up there right away. When it airs Wed on DirectTV, it will get up on the site Thursday night or Friday. Still better then waiting for spring.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 26, 2010 -> 09:05 PM)
I understand the purpose of the episode, but Michael C Hall is the man and I could never see another actor pulling off that episode like he did.

The previews for the season look instense.

The episode was slowly but so emotionally intense, probably just because the lack of emotion he showed for most of the episode. Can't wait for the rest of the season. I have a suspicion that this season might end similarly to how season 2 did.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 26, 2010 -> 10:00 PM)
Eastbound and Down off to a slow start, but it started off slow last season as well.

I disagree.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Sep 26, 2010 -> 10:20 PM)
I thought tonight's episode was amazing.

Agreed.

And I have completely fallen in love with Boardwalk Empire. Absolutely love it.

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 26, 2010 -> 09:05 PM)
I understand the purpose of the episode, but Michael C Hall is the man and I could never see another actor pulling off that episode like he did.

The previews for the season look instense.

It was awesome to see him lose it and just murder someone in a rage.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 26, 2010 -> 10:00 PM)
Eastbound and Down off to a slow start, but it started off slow last season as well.

The midget was obviously the funniest part. I still don't think this show has legs. Danny McBride acting like a jagoff, talking himself up, and cursing just doesn't scream "longevity" to me.

QUOTE (J.Reedfan8 @ Sep 26, 2010 -> 05:11 PM)
Her singing is still absolutely terrible, but hey.. very nice eye candy to look at.

She's grown on me a lot recently (and I've "grown" a bit, too ;) ), but I expected the costume in the video to be a little more revealing.

Edited by Milkman delivers

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Sep 27, 2010 -> 12:55 AM)
The episode was slowly but so emotionally intense, probably just because the lack of emotion he showed for most of the episode. Can't wait for the rest of the season. I have a suspicion that this season might end similarly to how season 2 did.

I disagree.

Agreed.

And I have completely fallen in love with Boardwalk Empire. Absolutely love it.

When they showed the preview for the rest of the season, the first thing that crossed my mind was the whole Doakes angle. I am a little wary that they will use the same storyline, but I have faith in the writers to take it in another direction.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 27, 2010 -> 09:56 AM)
The midget was obviously the funniest part. I still don't think this show has legs. Danny McBride acting like a jagoff, talking himself up, and cursing just doesn't scream "longevity" to me.

They're taking a British sitcom approach. No more than 3 seasons with each season having 6 or 7 episodes.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 27, 2010 -> 10:00 AM)
They're taking a British sitcom approach. No more than 3 seasons with each season having 6 or 7 episodes.

I'm not sure if you're being serious or not, but that would actually work for me. I've seen Danny McBride in interviews, and he seems like he might be cool enough to do something like that.

Edited by Milkman delivers

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 27, 2010 -> 10:05 AM)
I'm not sure if you're being serious or not, but that would actually work for me. I've seen Danny McBride in interviews, and he seems like he might be cool enough to do something like that.

Completely serious. Season 1 had 6 eps and this one will have 7. Depending on how this season does he said they would do one more.

SOURCE

The A.V. Club: Are you following the British-TV formula again this season for your episode count?

Danny McBride: Yeah, we follow the same formula. We liked how many episodes there were of The Office, Spaced, Alan Partridge, a lot of the British shows that we found we like. As fans, we like to watch multiple episodes, week after week, but as the creators… It’s really just written by Jody [Hill, co-creator], myself, and another writer, Shawn Harwell. We chose seven this year. That was about how many we felt like we needed to get our story across this year, and how many we felt like we could comfortably write without having to start to farm the work out to other people. It was important for us to have our hands on every part of the script.

AVC: Are you still planning to go no more than three seasons?

DM: The story that we’d like to tell would wrap up at the third season, if we get that opportunity. We kind of approached this season the same way we approached the first season, where we had no idea when we made the first season whether anyone would watch it, whether we would have the opportunity to do it again. So we tried to make a story that stands alone, but we had an idea of where it would go from there. That’s how we’ve approached the second season, too. If people hate it, and if we don’t get a chance to do anything else with it, for us, it could be a fun ending. We have an idea where to go if we’re able to go further.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Sep 24, 2010 -> 08:52 PM)
Love me some Friday Night Lights, even if Brian and I are the only ones watching it. Now that I have DirecTV, I don't have to wait until the spring, which is nice.

Anyone still watching "The League?" It's off to another good start in season 2.

When does it start on the 101?