2010 Fall TV Thread

Steve9347

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 10, 2010 -> 08:42 PM)
That's what I'm talkin bout, Dexter

Dexter was very good. Looking forward to the

Julia Stiles dynamic. She saw Dexter, but what is her mental state? Plus, I think she is attractive in that not-quite-emo-way.

Great episode regardless.

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Oct 11, 2010 -> 06:29 AM)
One of the best episodes of Mad Men last night. Next week is the season finale. Waiting for the next season will be tough.

I had trouble following some things last night. Midge? Really? All the way from the first 3 episodes of the series? That probably confused a lot of people and didn't they end badly?

I read up and the ending sets up an interesting finale.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 11, 2010 -> 11:46 AM)
I had trouble following some things last night. Midge? Really? All the way from the first 3 episodes of the series? That probably confused a lot of people and didn't they end badly?

I read up and the ending sets up an interesting finale.

Yeah, Midge threw me for a minute. My wife asked who it was, then I figured it out when she started talking about art. I wonder if anything else will come of that, or was that just another piece to show wkat kind of man Draper is.

The finale should be great. Looking forward to that.

QUOTE (3E8 @ Oct 11, 2010 -> 12:35 PM)
I believe Midge was reintroduced purely as an inspiration for Don's SCDP newspaper ad. Her addiction and painting seemed to fuel Don in writing about why he's quitting tobacco

Good point. He stared at that painting for a while and then wrote the letter. I hadn't really put that together until you said that.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 8, 2010 -> 09:15 AM)
I don't know. Am I the only one who has been disappointed with almost all of the Always Sunny episodes so far?

Thursday's may have been the best one ever, definitely in the top 3. The 80's montage was genius.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Oct 12, 2010 -> 09:50 AM)
It was good, Boat episode was really funny, too. But the first two weeks sucked.

I was cracking up in last weeks episode, but yea the first two had a few laughs but overall just "decent" episodes and not Sunny worthy.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 12, 2010 -> 10:28 AM)
Wow, we are so far apart. I hardly laughed at it, and you thought it was possibly the best episode ever.

I thought it was pretty damn good too. Certainly not in "best ever" category but quite enjoyable.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 13, 2010 -> 12:05 PM)
Anyone catch "Pretend Time"? I missed it and wondered if it was worth checking out.

When I finished watching "Running Wilde" on DVR last night, the channel was on Comedy Central and I saw the first skit.

I'd probably have laughed if I was 14 again, but it was really dumb and I was actually angered at myself for sitting through "Wheelchair Cat".

To bring this post full-circle, the last two episodes of "Running Wilde" have been hilarious. Mostly because they've left the mansion and entered the corporate environment where Will Arnett is at his best.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 13, 2010 -> 12:10 PM)
To bring this post full-circle, the last two episodes of "Running Wilde" have been hilarious. Mostly because they've left the mansion and entered the corporate environment where Will Arnett is at his best.

Agreed, and I was laughing at the AD remarks when telling David Cross to stop saying "C'mon!"

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Oct 13, 2010 -> 12:12 PM)
Agreed, and I was laughing at the AD remarks when telling David Cross to stop saying "C'mon!"

I've enjoyed a few of those. David Cross in Alaska "freezing my Blue Man Group off"... and the narration of Wilde "making a huge mistake".

The references aside, the show is really hitting it's pace and cracking me up.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 13, 2010 -> 12:26 PM)
I've enjoyed a few of those. David Cross in Alaska "freezing my Blue Man Group off"... and the narration of Wilde "making a huge mistake".

The references aside, the show is really hitting it's pace and cracking me up.

Haha yea there have been some good ones. The show itself has gone from forgettable in the first episode to quite enjoyable. I just hate the girl narrator, they should change that ASAP.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Oct 13, 2010 -> 12:31 PM)
Haha yea there have been some good ones. The show itself has gone from forgettable in the first episode to quite enjoyable. I just hate the girl narrator, they should change that ASAP.

The montage last night when Wilde was washing Andy Richter's car in slow motion and then they wrestled would have been SO MUCH FUNNIER with just the music and no narration.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Oct 12, 2010 -> 11:01 PM)
I was cracking up in last weeks episode, but yea the first two had a few laughs but overall just "decent" episodes and not Sunny worthy.

IMO they really made up for it big time in Mac gets his big break. They sometimes put the weaker ones first in the season for whatever reason.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 5, 2010 -> 07:50 AM)
if you guys like Mad Men/Breaking Bad, I highly recommend Rubicon. The 4-5 episodes are a slow build, but the payoff has been pretty fantastic. Last nights episode (number 11 I believe) was season one Breaking Bad good.

For reals? I love Breaking Bad, couldn't get into Mad Med, but when I watched the Rubicon pilot a few months ago, it was too boring and confusing.

Haven't seen much SOA talk lately, maybe Im missing it somewhere but as usual I have been thoroughly enjoying it.

The only thing I don't like is the new drama between Jax and Tara, I mean why? Because Abel was taken from her when she was tied up? I mean what was she going to do? And they were doing great then bam, Jax was out of it. Just seems like some filler drama for the show.

It does look like the s*** with ATF won't be going away so soon, which was what I was thinking would happen while the gang wars pick up, so they did a reverse on my prediction there. Still interested to see where this Hale for mayor thing goes along with the new Police situation.

Edited by bigruss22

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Oct 13, 2010 -> 03:45 PM)
Haven't seen much SOA talk lately, maybe Im missing it somewhere but as usual I have been thoroughly enjoying it.

The only thing I don't like is the new drama between Jax and Tara, I mean why? Because Abel was taken from her when she was tied up? I mean what was she going to do? And they were doing great then bam, Jax was out of it. Just seems like some filler drama for the show.

It does look like the s*** with ATF won't be going away so soon, which was what I was thinking would happen while the gang wars pick up, so they did a reverse on my prediction there. Still interested to see where this Hale for mayor thing goes along with the new Police situation.

I was getting tired of all of the focus being on Gemma, and they finally got away from that in the last episode. Now it looks like they're going to focus on Tara a lot more, which should also suck and be boring. I guess they have to fill the episodes with something, but they were giving way too much time to Gemma and I'm thinking they'll do it again with Tara.

The stuff with Unser now having to do his job, and the little argument Clay had with him for not giving him a warning (when he actually just heard of the raid himself) should make things interesting.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 13, 2010 -> 09:30 PM)
South Park did it up tonight!

Finally a good episode that was great. OT but does anyone know what movie the music was from, the music was very familiar and I know i've seen the movie several times but can't put my finger on it.