2010 Fall TV Thread

Steve9347

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Oct 13, 2010 -> 03:45 PM)
Haven't seen much SOA talk lately, maybe Im missing it somewhere but as usual I have been thoroughly enjoying it.

The only thing I don't like is the new drama between Jax and Tara, I mean why? Because Abel was taken from her when she was tied up? I mean what was she going to do? And they were doing great then bam, Jax was out of it. Just seems like some filler drama for the show.

It does look like the s*** with ATF won't be going away so soon, which was what I was thinking would happen while the gang wars pick up, so they did a reverse on my prediction there. Still interested to see where this Hale for mayor thing goes along with the new Police situation.

The Gemma thing has actually better and the Jax Tara thing is good in that he does not want her to blow everything and he can see her as a way out of the MC

Edited by Jenks Heat

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 13, 2010 -> 09:30 PM)
South Park did it up tonight!

Great episode. I knew what was going to happen when the turned to Bin Laden, and I still laughed. I would think there will be complaints about the episode, but if you're watching South Park nothing should offend you.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Oct 14, 2010 -> 07:44 AM)
Great episode. I knew what was going to happen when the turned to Bin Laden, and I still laughed. I would think there will be complaints about the episode, but if you're watching South Park nothing should offend you.

Frankly, yeah, i sat there at that point and said "Ok, this bothers me a lot and people are going to be pissed about this one".

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 13, 2010 -> 12:05 PM)
Anyone catch "Pretend Time"? I missed it and wondered if it was worth checking out.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 13, 2010 -> 12:21 PM)
It was truly awful. I didn't crack a smile even once.

It's just the first episode, so it may easily get better, but it has a long way to go to even be decent.

Agree with Md. It was much like his standup, not clever and just going for some cheap laughs

QUOTE (3E8 @ Oct 14, 2010 -> 08:47 AM)
Agree with Md. It was much like his standup, not clever and just going for some cheap laughs

Well, I actually enjoyed the couple standups I've seen of him. And I've enjoyed his characters on Grandma's Boy and Reno 911!, but maybe he's only funny in small doses.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 11, 2010 -> 11:46 AM)
I had trouble following some things last night. Midge? Really? All the way from the first 3 episodes of the series? That probably confused a lot of people and didn't they end badly?

Amicable. Don realized she loved that dude who was always around.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 15, 2010 -> 03:46 PM)
http://sports.espn.go.com/action/bmx/news/story?id=5687468

TJ Lavin in critical condition after bike accident. I, and I'm sure anyone else who loves The Challenge, REALLY hope he winds up ok.

Heard that this morning. Medically induced coma can be done for a variety of reasons.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 13, 2010 -> 03:51 PM)
I was getting tired of all of the focus being on Gemma, and they finally got away from that in the last episode. Now it looks like they're going to focus on Tara a lot more, which should also suck and be boring. I guess they have to fill the episodes with something, but they were giving way too much time to Gemma and I'm thinking they'll do it again with Tara.

The stuff with Unser now having to do his job, and the little argument Clay had with him for not giving him a warning (when he actually just heard of the raid himself) should make things interesting.

Agreed on the Gemma/Tara spotlight, just not that entertaining to me.

The Unser thing could get veryyyy interesting IMO, but was up with the bond hearing (or whatever it's called) getting pushed back, was that a favor Unser did or did it occur somehow else.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Oct 13, 2010 -> 09:34 PM)
The Gemma thing has actually better and the Jax Tara thing is good in that he does not want her to blow everything and he can see her as a way out of the MC

Way out as in Jax gets booted or as an escape clause for Jax to leave on his own will?

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Oct 15, 2010 -> 08:49 PM)
Agreed on the Gemma/Tara spotlight, just not that entertaining to me.

The Unser thing could get veryyyy interesting IMO, but was up with the bond hearing (or whatever it's called) getting pushed back, was that a favor Unser did or did it occur somehow else.

I don't think they explained it yet. I would have to guess it was Stahl, but not entirely sure.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 16, 2010 -> 01:41 PM)
I don't think they explained it yet. I would have to guess it was Stahl, but not entirely sure.

Jax asked Stahl to get it delayed so they could make the trip to Ireland without skipping out on the bail.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Oct 17, 2010 -> 02:24 PM)
Anyone else recalling Gemma and Clay talking about Jax going to Ireland will cause the truth to come out, or something along those lines ?

it was something like that. I would like it if they dove back into the backstory of John Teller/Clay relationship. If you watched the show from the beginning, then you know

Clay AND Gemma were in on killing Jax's dad

Now maybe we could see things leading up to it.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Oct 17, 2010 -> 11:19 PM)
I was just telling a buddy last week I can't remember the last time there was a "down" episode of Mad Men. I guess I spoke too soon.

Tonight felt incredibly rushed. I honestly thought the last 20 min was a dream Don was having or something, but they never had him wake up.

I have no idea where that episode came from.

Knowing Don Draper, the happiness he thinks he found can't last. I'm sure next season will have more stuggles for him, and I can't imagine things continuing as well as they ended.

On a side note, how does January Jones so effectively play such a miserable character all of the time?

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 18, 2010 -> 08:58 AM)
The fad to hate on "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" is played out. I remember comments that this week's episode wasn't good. How is that possible? It was absolutely hilarious through multiple viewings!

Fad, my ass. The first, second, and fourth episodes were not good. It's not a fad to dislike something that isn't good.

The third and most recent episodes were good.

QUOTE (The Gooch @ Oct 18, 2010 -> 02:08 AM)
The preview to next week's Boardwalk Empire looked intense

The ending to last night's episode was great, the raid and Nucky subsequently hooking up with Mrs. Schroeder. You could cut that sexual tension with a knife. I knew that had to be coming sooner or later.