2010 Fall TV Thread

Steve9347

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 19, 2010 -> 11:44 AM)
For Kalapse and anyone, like me, who loves Terriers or The Shield, Alan Sepinwall and Dan Feinberg from hitfix.com have a great podcast with producer Shawn Ryan about his shows. Good listen.

Is Terriers a Shawn Ryan show?

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 19, 2010 -> 02:45 PM)
Is Terriers a Shawn Ryan show?

Yes. Was interesting to hear him talk about where they are with teh show and its future.

For people you like the show but don't want to listen he said the DVR totals for Terriers jump the show up 50% which is huge.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 20, 2010 -> 09:54 AM)
What an exceptional episode of SOA (no surprise). Tig just flat-out rocks.

Next week's 90-minute episode looks insanely awesome. Jax is going to beat some ass.

It makes me wonder how it's all going to play out with the Irish Sons lying to SAMCRO. My first guess is that they're going to betray Jimmy O (as that is definitely what the priest is trying to do), but you never know.

I don't like how they're making Unser out to be the bad guy, though. The guy has legitimately tried to help over and over, but they just keep f***ing him. The rich guy who own's the plane is another guy that SAMCRO f***s at every opportunity (blackmailing him in the first season, getting him to post bail, jumping bail, and now bringing Gemma along to Ireland).

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 20, 2010 -> 10:59 AM)
It makes me wonder how it's all going to play out with the Irish Sons lying to SAMCRO. My first guess is that they're going to betray Jimmy O (as that is definitely what the priest is trying to do), but you never know.

I don't like how they're making Unser out to be the bad guy, though. The guy has legitimately tried to help over and over, but they just keep f***ing him. The rich guy who own's the plane is another guy that SAMCRO f***s at every opportunity (blackmailing him in the first season, getting him to post bail, jumping bail, and now bringing Gemma along to Ireland).

Those are some great points. I think they are writing it that way so we don't forget that SAMCRO are really a bunch of a**holes. This season, because of the search for Abel, SAMCRO has sort of been the 'good guys' in the story. The show works best when they show that balance of good and evil. In fact, that's what makes the show - and the characters - more interesting that most network TV crap.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 20, 2010 -> 10:54 AM)
What an exceptional episode of SOA (no surprise). Tig just flat-out rocks.

Next week's 90-minute episode looks insanely awesome. Jax is going to beat some ass.

Last night was the episode I'd been waiting for... it took forever for them to get on that plane to Ireland, and I was starting to get bored. I'm very excited for 90 minutes next week.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 20, 2010 -> 09:59 AM)

Well, the Sons have paid back said guy by saving his kid or something IIRC. Jimmy O is definitely going down.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 20, 2010 -> 09:38 AM)
I can't believe I still watch Weeds. That show is just awful right now.

I posted the same thing after last weeks episode. Nothing is even happening. I hope Shane gets killed. Nancy is the worst mother of all time. I hope that was the writers intention because I don't even find her attractive anymore because of it.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 20, 2010 -> 11:46 AM)
I posted the same thing after last weeks episode. Nothing is even happening. I hope Shane gets killed. Nancy is the worst mother of all time. I hope that was the writers intention because I don't even find her attractive anymore because of it.

I agree about Nancy. I find her revolting now. And why did she go through all that trouble running away with her baby when it seems like she could give two s***s about him? She should have just left him with Esteban.

Edited by BigSqwert