2010 Fall TV Thread

Steve9347

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 20, 2010 -> 11:55 AM)
I agree about Nancy. I find her revolting now. And why did she go through all that trouble running away with her baby when it seems like she could give two s***s about him? She should have jut left him with Esteban.

Yeah, it makes no sense. Then all of a sudden Zack Morris shows up to spank and bang her? WTF

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 20, 2010 -> 11:46 AM)
I posted the same thing after last weeks episode. Nothing is even happening. I hope Shane gets killed. Nancy is the worst mother of all time. I hope that was the writers intention because I don't even find her attractive anymore because of it.

I haven't been watching this season, but I am disappointed the way the show turned out. Ever since they left Agrestic the show has been pretty bad.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 20, 2010 -> 11:35 AM)
Well, the Sons have paid back said guy by saving his kid or something IIRC. Jimmy O is definitely going down.

He went to them, I believe with money, to get rid of the guy who already molested his daughter. He was paying, so it should have been settled at that. Clay got the guy to hold the knife so that his fingerprints would be on it, and used the knife as leverage to get him to do them favors.

They're bad guys in the end. That is another reason SOA reminds me of The Sopranos. The main characters of the shows are bad guys, but since you see the story from their point of view, you start to see them as good guys. The writers of both shows do/did a very good job of reminding you every once in a while that these are bad people.

An example that I really loved from The Sopranos was when Ralph's son was hospitalized after playing with a bow and arrow. There were many references to Sympathy For The Devil throughout the episode, including Ralph repeating lines from the song in conversation at two separate occasions. It's a reminder that, even though something bad is happening to them, don't have sympathy for these people. They're bad, they made their beds, and now they have to sleep in them.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Oct 18, 2010 -> 10:02 AM)
It really sets up a very interesting Season 5. It's a shame we'll have to wait so long...

I've watched the entire series over the last 10 months, so having to wait almost a year to see season 5 will be weird for me.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 19, 2010 -> 11:44 AM)
For Kalapse and anyone, like me, who loves Terriers or The Shield, Alan Sepinwall and Dan Feinberg from hitfix.com have a great podcast with producer Shawn Ryan about his shows. Good listen.

That was pretty damn good, glad you mentioned it.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Oct 19, 2010 -> 11:59 AM)
Just started getting into Terriers, and I really like it.

I've been turning people on to that show since the first episode and everyone that's given it a shot has had nothing but good things to say about it, no doubt in my mind at this point that is a terrific show. I just hope more people give it a shot, they won't be disappointed.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Oct 20, 2010 -> 02:21 PM)
That was pretty damn good, glad you mentioned it.

I've been turning people on to that show since the first episode and everyone that's given it a shot has had nothing but good things to say about it, no doubt in my mind at this point that is a terrific show. I just hope more people give it a shot, they won't be disappointed.

I've been trying to watch it as much as possible, and have caught almost every episdoe (missing one I believe) and have told a few people who said they checked it out and liked it. But that marketing campaign for it is terrible, people do think it's like a dog catching show or something.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Oct 20, 2010 -> 05:57 PM)
Haven't watched all season. Agreed with whoever said ever since they left Agrestic it got pretty bad. I haven't heard anyone say anything good about this season either. Not one good thing.

I started watching the show in the spring and have just caught up to the current season now. I thought it was just me who thought that once they left the original house, the show went in all sorts of ridiculous directions.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 18, 2010 -> 02:49 PM)
Mad Men was so fantastic last night it is unreasonable.

I agree. They always kind of play with you thinking that Don Draper can be the character we all want him to be, dominating in business, a good father and taking the smart, beautiful woman as his wife, and then they just beat the s*** out of you to remind you that these guys are assholes and he's just like Roger except more talented.

I think the rush in california was mostly him avoiding his grieving and misplacing it as feelings for how he felt when he told ana he was in love with betty in the flash back in season 1 or 2.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Oct 20, 2010 -> 11:21 PM)
South Park taking shots at Inception.

Needless to say if you havent seen Inception Id watch it before seeing this weeks South Park.

I'm watching it right now. I obviously knew they were taking jabs at inception, just don't understand the jokes entirely.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 19, 2010 -> 02:49 PM)
Yes. Was interesting to hear him talk about where they are with teh show and its future.

For people you like the show but don't want to listen he said the DVR totals for Terriers jump the show up 50% which is huge.

I havent seen it, how is it? The Shield is my favorite show of all time. I have all the seasons on DVD and plan on watching them again in about 20 years when I forgot everything that happened.

QUOTE (docsox24 @ Oct 21, 2010 -> 10:08 AM)
I havent seen it, how is it? The Shield is my favorite show of all time. I have all the seasons on DVD and plan on watching them again in about 20 years when I forgot everything that happened.

Agreed. I've already seen some of the seasons twice. I can't imagine a show more well written than The Shield.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Oct 22, 2010 -> 07:49 AM)
I thought it was fair. The League was great last night though. And again, I thought Outsourced was quite funny.

Someone should actually invent a Bathroom Cubby.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Oct 20, 2010 -> 11:21 PM)
South Park taking shots at Inception.

Needless to say if you havent seen Inception Id watch it before seeing this weeks South Park.

Edited by JPN366