Mathematically Ova!

Quin

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So many have been vocal over the years about improving draft position the second it becomes apparent that the Sox aren't going anywhere. Here you go. (not disagreeing with that stance at all). The best adjective I have to describe this team since the Orioles and Twins series after the All Star Break is frustrating.

That said, hoping for failure (higher draft position) and ripping on the "meh" attitude this team seemingly has adopted as of late don't go hand in hand. You can't do both.

Now that the burden of making the playoffs is gone, relief and indifference are the words that come to mind, but I'll still watch or listen to games because I know come wintertime I'll be craving Sox baseball. I care about the Hawks and hockey in general as much as I care about causes and effects of chlamydia in albino penguins, and both the Bulls and Bears are going nowhere in a hurry- but the latter two ought to provide (barely) sufficient warmth for my sports hibernation season.

Edited by Swingandalongonetoleft

I watched the game Tuesday night. What an embarassment. This team has completely melted/withered/collapsed. Mark allowed too many hits again 11 through 6 inning I believe. No offense/ clutch hitting. Manny Ramirez continues to suck. Morel shows some leather but little with the bat. Maybe next spring he will be ready offensively. Next WGN game is Friday night. I hope we have a win today so we are not looking at a 10 game losing streak. Thome hit another homer for the twins as DH - now 25 for the year. Plus I am tired of all the man love the Sox and ole Hawkeroo want to give the Twins for beating our butts all the time. They are such a great organization, etc, etc,. My response is for this organization to show they are good too and forget kissing the Twins rump.

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 22, 2010 -> 10:17 AM)
Agreed. And don't forget money.

As long as KW stays aboard, I have faith. The guy hates to lose.

I wonder what Kenny's thoughts were about the Delmon Young-AJ incident and the Pavano hitting Konerko in the face incident. I wonder how he feels about the team's lack of retaliation. (And no, I don't think soft tossing Buehrle's throw at the twins count).

The team's lack of an adequate response really sickened me. Not only do you continue to lose to those f***ers, but you also let them punk you. Inexcusable.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Sep 22, 2010 -> 10:47 AM)

I wonder what Kenny's thoughts were about the Delmon Young-AJ incident and the Pavano hitting Konerko in the face incident. I wonder how he feels about the team's lack of retaliation. (And no, I don't think soft tossing Buehrle's throw at the twins count).

The team's lack of an adequate response really sickened me. Not only do you continue to lose to those f***ers, but you also let them punk you. Inexcusable.

I hate this argument. Why does this count as a valid reason? EVERYONE HATES TO LOSE.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 22, 2010 -> 11:11 AM)
I hate this argument. Why does this count as a valid reason? EVERYONE HATES TO LOSE.

I say that meaning that I don't believe that the Sox will have to go through a long "rebuilding" period like Cleveland and Kansas City when we know going into the season that we'll suck.

I think as long as KW is at the helm, the Sox will field a competitive team.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 22, 2010 -> 01:58 PM)
Really, that one is true. It's never heartening to see a team completely give up.

I still say "giving up" is hard to gauge and is a cliche.

AJ throwing a couple balls into the outfield is not giving up, it's probably being less alert, etc., with the team out of it.

Guys f***ing up on this team? Pitchers sucking? Why is that giving up?

It's playing like horses*** is what it is. I don't buy the "giving up" business.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Sep 22, 2010 -> 10:47 AM)

The Twins can be beat, just not by us. The potentially career-ending beaning of Konerko required, in my opinion, nothing less than a bench clearing brawl in response. We had nothing to lose and everything to prove by kicking some serious A**--as a team.

Instead, after letting these guys embarass us all season, we wimp out.

Whatever happens in the off season, the changes need to be big enough to get the Minnesota Twins out of this team's collective head once and for all. Seems like we beat NY, Boston, and the Rays more than we beat the Twins.

Yes they're good, but I'm guessing yet another first round elimination is imminent. Especially now that Sports Illustrated featured Thome on the cover with the prediction that he will win them the Series. The cover-of-SI-curse is among the most potent in sports.

I don't care if it takes an old priest and a young priest all winter--the 2011 Sox must own the Twinkies.

QUOTE (11and1 @ Sep 23, 2010 -> 12:41 AM)
The Twins can be beat, just not by us. The potentially career-ending beaning of Konerko required, in my opinion, nothing less than a bench clearing brawl in response. We had nothing to lose and everything to prove by kicking some serious A**--as a team.

Instead, after letting these guys embarass us all season, we wimp out.

WTF? That's actually the one time this season we actually responded by hitting one of their guys back.

QUOTE (11and1 @ Sep 22, 2010 -> 11:41 PM)
Yes they're good, but I'm guessing yet another first round elimination is imminent.

Maybe. Maybe not. But they are an elite team this year so don't kid yourself that they're the Boof Bonser team from a few years ago. They can get 100 wins with their elite closer sidelined all year and a perennial triple crown contender missing for most of the 2nd half.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 23, 2010 -> 10:17 AM)
Well, I see his point. They hit our guy in the head, and we had our softest throwing pitcher respond and left it at that.

ON TOP OF THAT they then turned around and hit Juan Pierre later on that same game without retaliation from the Sox. There should have been a at least one Twin leaving the field with a concussion or a broken hand that night.

And I know I know... concussions are serious business and you never want to purposely injure another athlete and blah blah blah. Tell that to Pavano and punk ass Delmon Young.

Jerry Reinsdorf and Eddie Einhorn don't own the Sox. The Twins do. And as much as I love Ozzie, if he doesn't have the balls to inspire his team to protect themselves, then he can go have a nice life managing the Marlins or the Braves.

Edited by Chet Kincaid

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Sep 22, 2010 -> 05:55 AM)
Atleast you have the Hawks. I don't follow the NBA or NHL, and the Bills are terrible, so I get homework to try and lift my spirits.

You need to watch the Fightin Sioux of No Dakota or the Jackrabbits of So Dak then :lolhitting :lol: :lol:

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Sep 23, 2010 -> 03:33 PM)
ON TOP OF THAT they then turned around and hit Juan Pierre later on that same game without retaliation from the Sox. There should have been a at least one Twin leaving the field with a concussion or a broken hand that night.

And I know I know... concussions are serious business and you never want to purposely injure another athlete and blah blah blah. Tell that to Pavano and punk ass Delmon Young.

Jerry Reinsdorf and Eddie Einhorn don't own the Sox. The Twins do. And as much as I love Ozzie, if he doesn't have the balls to inspire his team to protect themselves, then he can go have a nice life managing the Marlins or the Braves.

You guys amaze me sometimes.

How bout just beating the Twins once in a while to make a statement. A broken hand? You guys would be happy if this was like hockey and the guys could duke and you could see a little blood.

If we could answer on the field, that would be the best response?

A concussion? Broken hand? are you serious??? How bout winning. Konerko had the best response. A f***ing home run his next at bat.

You guys amaze me sometimes.

How bout just beating the Twins once in a while to make a statement. A broken hand? You guys would be happy if this was like hockey and the guys could duke and you could see a little blood.

If we could answer on the field, that would be the best response?

A concussion? Broken hand? are you serious??? How bout winning. Konerko had the best response. A f***ing home run his next at bat.

You have to protect your players, greg. Why is that so hard to understand? People reiterating something that is common sense in the sport "amazes" you?

And isn't it interesting that Ozzie has been heavily criticized (here, at least) this year for not protecting his players when I do believe we used to complain he wanted to hit guys too much. What a difference a year or two makes, huh?