Rick Hahn

klaus kinski

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I am pretty sure Rick is waiting for one of a select few jobs: White Sox, Cubs and Cardinals, or even Brewers (because of location). Rick is from here and loves living here. What's more likely to happen is Rick getting a raise than KW moving up since both he and KW are as high as they can go without forcing someone out.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Oct 5, 2010 -> 09:35 AM)
Well I am pretty sure Rick is waiting for one of a select few jobs: White Sox, Cubs and Cardinals, or even Brewers (because of location). Rick is from here and loves living here. What's more likely to happen is Rick getting a raise than KW moving up since both he and KW are as high as they can go without forcing someone out.

I'd think it'd be incredibly hard to resist an offer to fix the Mets.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Oct 5, 2010 -> 09:58 AM)
Whatever happened to Dan Evans? Remember him, he was Rick Hahn before Rick Hahn was cool.

I like Hahn but do not think KW is giving up his job for him just yet.

Didn't he attempt something with the Dodgers?

Whatever happened to Dan Evans? Remember him, he was Rick Hahn before Rick Hahn was cool.

I think Evans went to LA, and a lot of White Sox fans were upset when KW got the job and he didn't. I think he went to Dodgers and sucked and got fired.

EDIT: Okay maybe he didn't suck... seems like he did a good job rebuilding the Dodgers farm system. Apparently he got pushed out when the McCourts took over ownership.

He's an agent now.

Edited by Chet Kincaid

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 5, 2010 -> 03:23 PM)
Can someone explain the Rick Hahn love affair to me? I honestly don't pay attention to what he has done or is responsible for so I'd like to get a little educated on the topic.

He's known as one of the best negotiators in all of baseball. He handles a lot of the contract work, as KW stays out of it.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 5, 2010 -> 10:23 AM)
Can someone explain the Rick Hahn love affair to me? I honestly don't pay attention to what he has done or is responsible for so I'd like to get a little educated on the topic.

I think it's because he's the sabermetrics guy in the organization. I could br wrong though.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 5, 2010 -> 11:23 AM)

There's a couple of reasons. For one, Baseball America adores him and it seems like Kenny-leans heavily on him. He's sabermetrically inclined and seems to be the guy who works out contract details. He's also one of the only guys who came away looking good from The Club.

Dan Evans is now attempting to make it as a Player agent in Southern California.

Its apparent the good agents want to be GMs and the poor GMs want to be good agents.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 5, 2010 -> 10:53 AM)
I'd think it'd be incredibly hard to resist an offer to fix the Mets.

Although the Mets have a lot of resources, their ownership situation hasn't exactly been of the sort that leaves one riddled with confidence lately. If I recall correctly, they got hammered in the housing bust.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 5, 2010 -> 11:16 AM)
Huh? Hahn should have gotten Jackson to renegotiate his contract after the trade?

Oh, so he only work on new or renegotiated contracts? I thought maybe he was involved in finances of trades such as getting the other team to send back cash.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 5, 2010 -> 12:22 PM)
Oh, so he only work on new or renegotiated contracts? I thought maybe he was involved in finances of trades such as getting the other team to send back cash.

He may well be involved in the finances at some level...but if nothing else...we watched who made that deal.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Oct 5, 2010 -> 10:17 AM)
I wouldn't mind Hahn getting the New York job. It would give me an active rooting interest when i go to Mets games. That being said he is clearly very valuable to Kenny and the White Sox organization as a whole and his loss would be problematic.

I have no idea why the GM of a team would give you a rooting interest. It would have absolutely no effect on me rooting for anything.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 5, 2010 -> 11:40 AM)
I have no idea why the GM of a team would give you a rooting interest. It would have absolutely no effect on me rooting for anything.

I don't know about you, but the Opera singing hotdog vendor in Detroit sure helps me hate them.