2010-2011 NBA Thread

QUOTE (bulokis @ May 25, 2011 -> 12:27 AM)
Thibs got out coached.

They need to take that award away from him. Everyone could see that Korver was useless, but he kept being run out there. Everytime Ronnie Brewer was on the floor, great things were happening, yet he wouldn't leave him in the game. So angry!

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 25, 2011 -> 08:48 AM)
They need to take that award away from him. Everyone could see that Korver was useless, but he kept being run out there. Everytime Ronnie Brewer was on the floor, great things were happening, yet he wouldn't leave him in the game. So angry!

Yeah that was terrible. The Heat must have been plus 8 or more when Korver was on the floor. Everyone could see we were getting exploited defensively with him out there. He even had a few key turnovers to boot. When you add to the fact that he couldn't hit a shot to save his life, it makes you wonder what Thibs was thinking.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (daa84 @ May 24, 2011 -> 10:47 PM)
hes got more talent than every single one of those guys you mentioned no doubt in my mind. Like i said, so much of it remains untapped. Each one of those guys you mentioned were still the better player IMO

James, IMO, is the most talented player in NBA history. He has Magic versatility. Unparalleled strength, AI speed, Pippen-type defense (when he wants to), Kemp's ability to finish. What he doesn't have is the intangibles and clutchness of Jordan and that makes him not as good as he could be.

And what's with not being able to criticize Rose? He has been dreadful every game since Game One. I understand he is young, but you can still criticize the guy. Believe me, I love D-Rose, am incredibly glad to have him and know he will be better next year, but come on, he can be criticized just as Boozer has, Noah has, etc.

All in all, I didn't think we would beat the Heat, so I am not overly mad about this. I only get super mad when it's about the White Sox or when I have expectations that my team should win.

Edited by maggsmaggs

QUOTE (Tex @ May 25, 2011 -> 08:19 AM)
The way the Heat put their team together really pisses me off. It will be really easy for me to just not pay any attention to the NBA for many seasons.

I think we all need to get over this.

Keith Bogans

Ronnie Brewer

Carlos Boozer

Kyle Korver

CJ Watson

What do they all have in common? Oh, they play huge minutes and were offseason additions. The Bulls did the same thing, just with s***tier players than LeBron and Bosh.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 25, 2011 -> 09:05 AM)
I hope the new salary cap destroys that team.

I don't think it will kill 'em as bad as people think. They will still have James/Wade as the core, it will be Bosh who likely goes. They still will be deadly.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 25, 2011 -> 08:55 AM)
And how the heck do you not work in Thomas for a few minutes when Asik isn't available and Noah was looking gassed? Inexcusable.

I was very frustrated by this. Perhaps KT is injured. He played well when needed during the regular season, and can hit the open jumper from the top of the key. Sure, he's a defensive liability, but play him with Taj and get Boozer off the floor in those given situations. I could have definitely used some Big Sexy last night.

This team is going to comtinue to fight so I think we may see a game 6 at least. They fought through a tremendous disparity in free throws and shots not falling to still have a chance to win that game last night. Their defense really kept them in it and they just faltered offensively at the end. Theres alot to like with this team especially moving forward. This was the first year this group was together with a first year coach and a 22 year old leading man.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 25, 2011 -> 09:09 AM)
I was very frustrated by this. Perhaps KT is injured. He played well when needed during the regular season, and can hit the open jumper from the top of the key. Sure, he's a defensive liability, but play him with Taj and get Boozer off the floor in those given situations. I could have definitely used some Big Sexy last night.

You gotta admit that Omer has really increased his value to the team as the season progressed. You could see how him being out hurt them defensively.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 25, 2011 -> 09:10 AM)
This team is going to comtinue to fight so I think we may see a game 6 at least. They fought through a tremendous disparity in free throws and shots not falling to still have a chance to win that game last night. Their defense really kept them in it and they just faltered offensively at the end. Theres alot to like with this team especially moving forward. This was the first year this group was together with a first year coach and a 22 year old leading man.

No doubt.

I'd love to see it go at least 6 with Dallas winning out in their series and getting extra rest. They'll need any advantage they can get.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 25, 2011 -> 09:13 AM)
You gotta admit that Omer has really increased his value to the team as the season progressed. You could see how him being out hurt them defensively.

Absolutely... I am Omer's biggest backer. He wasn't an option last night so that's why I'm shocked they didn't go KT.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 25, 2011 -> 10:15 AM)
Everyone could see that Noah was gassed. Thibs screwed up with the minutes he gave his starters.

I really wanted to see Rose get his usual break at the start of the 4th, and he didnd't get that either.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 25, 2011 -> 10:09 AM)

I think the biggest issue was that he hadn't played in a month, so Thibs didn't want to have him out there being completely out of rhythm. He probably hasn't been practicing with the starters much either.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ May 25, 2011 -> 10:07 AM)
I don't think it will kill 'em as bad as people think. They will still have James/Wade as the core, it will be Bosh who likely goes. They still will be deadly.

There's more too it than that though...if they have to sell of Bosh and rid themselves of salary, they really get hurt because they need another team who can absorb Bosh's deal without giving them money back. On top of that...right now, they're winning thanks to role players that they brought in under rules that are likely at the top of the chopping block...the cut/sign with a winner rules (bibby) and the Mid-level exemption (they used that on Miller last year and had Haslem already signed).

The problem is, the Bulls are likely to be in a worse boat. In order to extend Rose, the Bulls are going to have 2 guys signed to $15 million+ contracts and 2 more signed to $10 million+ contracts. Boozer, Deng, Noah, and Rose will require more than $50 million in cap space. Those 4 will cost as much as Lebron + Wade + Bosh.

QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ May 25, 2011 -> 02:32 AM)
I mean really though, what more are you realistically expecting him to do given the personnel on both sides of the ball??

When it comes down to crunch time, it's glaringly obvious that it's 3 against 1, particularly in terms of the level of talent it takes to consistently put the ball in the basket. Unfortunately, that is what it literally became at the end of regulation because you just could not trust anyone else on the Bulls at that point to hit a big shot.

He's trying to do EVERYTHING because he HAS to. He's not succeeding because there's MORE ELITE TALENT on the other side. It's really that easy.

I want him to try and do everything, I have NO problem with that. The problem I have with him right now, is he's afraid to go to the basket down the stretch. The dumbest f***in thing to try and do is shoot a f***in jump shot over a guy that's 5 inches taller than you. I really couldn't give a f*** if he takes every god damn shot in the 4th quarter but he needs to get back to attacking the rim, I'm not really sure when he's become so timid about doing so but it's pissing me off.

There will be a gm 6, this team is lacking in certain areas but not in heart.

The pressure will be on Miami in a gm 6, we'll see how they respond but if the Bulls play D with the same intensity we saw last night, I wouldn't be surprised if there's a gm 7 and then anything is possible.

I agree with everyone here, Korver is useless, I could be out there on the floor and contribute what Korver has done so far, I would suck on D and wouldn't hit a three to save my life.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 25, 2011 -> 11:27 AM)
I want him to try and do everything, I have NO problem with that. The problem I have with him right now, is he's afraid to go to the basket down the stretch. The dumbest f***in thing to try and do is shoot a f***in jump shot over a guy that's 5 inches taller than you. I really couldn't give a f*** if he takes every god damn shot in the 4th quarter but he needs to get back to attacking the rim, I'm not really sure when he's become so timid about doing so but it's pissing me off.

His shots were blocked quite a bit in games 2 and 3 and you can tell LeBron is in his head now. I thought maybe he finally figured it out when he had those two dunks in quick succession last night...that maybe he would just start going stronger to the hole. But then he backed off again.

Bottom line is, if the Heat are going to play this kind of defense on him, he needs to use his skills penetrating to dish more to guys in the lane for easy dunks. The Heat may be able to overplay his penetration, but they can't guard the dish too.

Legler said it best, IMO...Deng and Boozer gave you 15-30 for 40 points last night and Noah had 6 assists and 14 boards. This was not a case of the Bulls just not having enough secondary scoring. It hasn't been all series. This has been a case of Rose having LeBron in his head since game 2.

And LeBron is referring to him as "the MVP" now, rather than by name. That should piss him off.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ May 25, 2011 -> 12:13 PM)
That's mind boggling, how do you go from Phil Jackson to Mike Brown?

That's like going from a Ferrari to a Hyundai.

Who wouldn't be though? There is not really anyone that is going to replace Phil.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ May 25, 2011 -> 01:13 PM)
That's mind boggling, how do you go from Phil Jackson to Mike Brown?

That's like going from a Ferrari to a Hyundai.

It seems they want a defensive minded coach who has been a head coach before to try to toughen up that side of their game.