Job Hunt Thread

dasox24

Jesus christ who would complain about someone leaving at 4:58:30 instead of 5:00:00 anyway?

The same person who showed up without her ID badge, sweet talked the security guard into letting her in the building, and then went straight to the security office to report the guard for failing to follow procedures.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jul 24, 2012 -> 08:57 AM)
The same person who showed up without her ID badge, sweet talked the security guard into letting her in the building, and then went straight to the security office to report the guard for failing to follow procedures.

Wow. Now that is someone who needs the taste slapped out of their mouth.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jul 24, 2012 -> 07:57 AM)

See, women are capable of pure evil. Far more evil than any man would think to do.

Edited by iamshack

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jul 24, 2012 -> 09:34 PM)
Got the job offer I have been waiting for the last 4 months! I had a few follow up questions via e-mail. Got those answered, and now I am ready to accept it. Probably going to call them on Thursday.

Congrats bro, that's awesome!

Got the job offer I have been waiting for the last 4 months! I had a few follow up questions via e-mail. Got those answered, and now I am ready to accept it. Probably going to call them on Thursday.

Congrats, Husky Caucasian!

Good for you!

Thanks everyone. I am very excited and very nervous. I've had my current job since the day I graduated college, so after over 7 years, it's a little scary to get out of my comfort zone. But in the end I feel it will be well worth it. A great opportunity to learn new things and grow professionally.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

The other night I networked with an employee at the organization I am interviewing with. Although I just got that new job at the place I work at, I'd like to be paid a salary, learn a new job and start again somewhere new. I can't imagine the raises we would get would be that substantial if the startup hit it big.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 29, 2012 -> 11:50 PM)
I've come to the conclusion that full time jobs are mythical and do not exist.

It is brutal out there. Add to that the extreme specialty and competition you have in the field you are in, and it is really bad right now. Best of luck man.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 30, 2012 -> 09:53 AM)
No shame in tending bar while you keep trying, either.

If you're an exceptional bar tender, and you can get a position at a nice posh restaurant...you can make some pretty damn good money.

If you're looking for some work now, there are a few customer service, sales rep positions available at my company in the Chicago area, PM me if you're interested.

Not glorious work, but it'll pay the bills and then some if you do well.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 29, 2012 -> 11:50 PM)
I've come to the conclusion that full time jobs are mythical and do not exist.

They do exist but benefits and salary are not in our generations vocabulary.

Found out the job I applied to is trying to hire for an office out of state. Going to keep looking and following up with this same organization I wrote to. In the back of my mind I am going to check out options for school that leads to employment (healthcare) since their programs last around a year or two. It's a complete 180 from where I am at but it might help me support myself faster than the current job I'm in.

Wish you would have made it to the Score search event they had to find the next broadcaster, SoxFan1. Sounds like a great networking event even if you don't make it.

Do you need a certificate or license to tend bar?

Edited by MuckFinnesota

QUOTE (MuckFinnesota @ Jul 30, 2012 -> 04:57 PM)
They do exist but benefits and salary are not in our generations vocabulary.

Found out the job I applied to is trying to hire for an office out of state. Going to keep looking and following up with this same organization I wrote to. In the back of my mind I am going to check out options for school that leads to employment (healthcare) since their programs last around a year or two. It's a complete 180 from where I am at but it might help me support myself faster than the current job I'm in.

Wish you would have made it to the Score search event they had to find the next broadcaster, SoxFan1. Sounds like a great networking event even if you don't make it.

Do you need a certificate or license to tend bar?

No, but it helps if you have taken classes to learn how to do it, or you have experience doing it before, or you are a really hot girl.