Job Hunt Thread

dasox24

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 28, 2013 -> 08:23 AM)
It turns out that getting dicked around by that company a month ago worked out in my favor - just got a fatty promotion and raise.

Randomly, or did you ask? Sounds like you didn't know it was coming, or maybe you wouldn't have looked to move?

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Aug 28, 2013 -> 05:29 PM)
Randomly, or did you ask? Sounds like you didn't know it was coming, or maybe you wouldn't have looked to move?

I just sat them down and said I needed "$X" or I was going to start looking, given my production at this joint.

I felt all "f*ck you, pay me".

c480x270_38.jpg

They replied with "$X + $$$$ (like whoa $) + promotion".

Now, I'm a happy camper.

Time to knock the wife up to celebrate.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 29, 2013 -> 12:25 PM)
I just sat them down and said I needed "$X" or I was going to start looking, given my production at this joint.

I felt all "f*ck you, pay me".

c480x270_38.jpg

They replied with "$X + $$$$ (like whoa $) + promotion".

Now, I'm a happy camper.

Time to knock the wife up to celebrate.

Nice, on all fronts.

So I have my first interview in about a year tomorrow, I was originally hoping to just get an offer and using that to get a raise at current job but now I'm so anxious to leave where I'm at I don't think I will even give them that chance. Anyway, oddly enough my company delivers coffee/plates/etc to the company and I'm not sure if I should even bring that up. If I have never backordered them any items and they are happy with our services it could be a positive but being the warehouse/purchasing manager if we have given them bad service that could reflect poorly on me.

It's weird to not be wanting a new job anymore.

I've wanted a new job for a few years now and today is my best opportunity to date. Have an initial phone interview with a company in Northern Indiana. I have a cousin whose aunt works in HR at the company and a co-worker of my stepmother is good friends with the guy I'm interviewing with.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Aug 30, 2013 -> 08:19 AM)
I've wanted a new job for a few years now and today is my best opportunity to date. Have an initial phone interview with a company in Northern Indiana. I have a cousin whose aunt works in HR at the company and a co-worker of my stepmother is good friends with the guy I'm interviewing with.

Good luck!

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Aug 30, 2013 -> 08:19 AM)

Where at?

QUOTE (Whitewashed in '05 @ Aug 30, 2013 -> 11:42 AM)
I got an email from a hiring manager for a position I applied to asking if I was available for an interview. I replied and haven't heard back. That was 10 days ago... What is that all about??

In my brief experience, when an employer contacts your for an interview, they set one up days after.

I hate that crap. At least answer to say that you aren't going to interview. The whole not talking thing just pisses me off.

QUOTE (Whitewashed in '05 @ Aug 30, 2013 -> 11:42 AM)
I got an email from a hiring manager for a position I applied to asking if I was available for an interview. I replied and haven't heard back. That was 10 days ago... What is that all about??

In my brief experience, when an employer contacts your for an interview, they set one up days after.

In my experience - employers have tons and tons and tons of things going on and dick people around and following up is difficult for them with the massive influx of s*** that hits their desks. Interviewing/looking for a job is just s***ty.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 30, 2013 -> 12:24 PM)
Its not bad out there. A lot of mobile home/prefab home/RV makers out there, and they got hit really hard by the recession.

I've taken the tours through a lot of the factories around there that make the camping trailers.

This is completely anecdotal but it seems like the whole camping industry went down for a while but is starting to pick up again. I know of quite a few people that have bought campers within the last couple of years. Two of them were brand-new 2013 models.

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Aug 30, 2013 -> 01:32 PM)
I've taken the tours through a lot of the factories around there that make the camping trailers.

This is completely anecdotal but it seems like the whole camping industry went down for a while but is starting to pick up again. I know of quite a few people that have bought campers within the last couple of years. Two of them were brand-new 2013 models.

I had a lot of college buddies from the area, and I had a prof who was a CEO of one of those pre-fab housing companies. It really is a nice area, as long as you don't mind horse and buggies.

The company I'm interviewing with is not RV-related. I'm not sure I'd make the move for an industry that recession-prone.

I grew up only 25 miles from Elkhart so I'm pretty familiar with the area. Not sure exactly where we'd live if I do get the job.

How the f*** do I find interns.

I've done builtinchicago, I've done internmatch, I've contacted colleges around here. The f***'s the deal, lazy kids. These are cool internships. They are paid. They offer credit.

Social Media Marketing Intern

Online Marketing Intern

Graphic Design Intern

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 5, 2013 -> 01:17 PM)

I've done builtinchicago, I've done internmatch, I've contacted colleges around here. The f***'s the deal, lazy kids. These are cool internships. They are paid. They offer credit.

Online Marketing Intern

Graphic Design Intern

Meanwhile, I'll probably hear about 3 people complaining they haven't found jobs yet.

If I see anyone looking for work in those areas I'll forward the links.

Also, Lombard probably isn't a hotspot for young marketing professionals, that may steer people away.

Edited by bigruss22

Online Marketing Intern

Graphic Design Intern

Are you on LinkedIn?