Job Hunt Thread

dasox24

So here is my situation: I just recently accepted a job with a company out of Dallas, TX. I'm suppose to start training August 12th which means I have to move the weekend 9th to 11th.

Just today I have received a phone call to discuss an interview with a company out of Indy. Same field, same position, most likely very similar money. Do I take that interview or thank them and admit I just accepted a job elsewhere?

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So here is my situation: I just recently accepted a job with a company out of Dallas, TX. I'm suppose to start training August 12th which means I have to move the weekend 9th to 11th.

Just today I have received a phone call to discuss an interview with a company out of Indy. Same field, same position, most likely very similar money. Do I take that interview or thank them and admit I just accepted a job elsewhere?

You accept the job in Dallas and send my resume to the company in Indy since that's where I'm trying to move to. ;)

Or, on a more serious note, if you would prefer the Indy job by all means interview with them and see how it goes.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Aug 1, 2013 -> 01:29 PM)
You accept the job in Dallas and send my resume to the company in Indy since that's where I'm trying to move to. ;)

Or, on a more serious note, if you would prefer the Indy job by all means interview with them and see how it goes.

It's funny how that works I've been actively looking for over a year once something came up now they are all calling ;)

Thanks for the advice, I will interview on Monday but I will be honest with them about the job in Dallas and see where that takes me.

It's funny how that works I've been actively looking for over a year once something came up now they are all calling ;)

Thanks for the advice, I will interview on Monday but I will be honest with them about the job in Dallas and see where that takes me.

Just wondering, what is the job field?

QUOTE (Knuckles @ Aug 1, 2013 -> 03:55 PM)

That is exactly what happened to me. Once I got hired, I couldn't beat the company's away. So frustrating.

QUOTE (knightni @ Aug 2, 2013 -> 11:52 AM)
Filling out applications online.

Holy s***.

They want to know every single thing about you. I took less assessments when I went to college.

Yup. There are some application's that are frustrating as hell.

Anywho, I got a 2nd interview on Monday for a job that I've wanted for a couple of years now. Only thing is that it'd require me to move to Milwaukee but at the moment it's pretty much the perfect job for me. Hopefully I don't f*** it up!

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Aug 2, 2013 -> 12:28 PM)

Anywho, I got a 2nd interview on Monday for a job that I've wanted for a couple of years now. Only thing is that it'd require me to move to Milwaukee but at the moment it's pretty much the perfect job for me. Hopefully I don't f*** it up!

You would love Milwaukee, I've been there about 6-7 times to visit friends that now work there and that city is an absolute blast. Also, they somehow have a lot of attractive young females, it doesn't make sense to me but it's awesome.

I'm not really looking for a job, but I applied to one the other day and it brought up the memories of horror of trying to find one when I was unemployed. I'm going through the checklist "under job requirements" for this job and there's about 10 bullet points or so. As I keep going down, each one I say to myself "oh, I fit that one perfectly!" and so on. Judging by the write up, I couldn't be more of a perfect candidate for what their looking for. I'm a better fit there than at my current job. So of course I get my hopes up thinking they'd hire me on the spot after seeing that great resume of mine.

And of course I don't even end up hearing back from them. Ah, oh well.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Aug 6, 2013 -> 05:54 PM)
I'm not really looking for a job, but I applied to one the other day and it brought up the memories of horror of trying to find one when I was unemployed. I'm going through the checklist "under job requirements" for this job and there's about 10 bullet points or so. As I keep going down, each one I say to myself "oh, I fit that one perfectly!" and so on. Judging by the write up, I couldn't be more of a perfect candidate for what their looking for. I'm a better fit there than at my current job. So of course I get my hopes up thinking they'd hire me on the spot after seeing that great resume of mine.

One of those things that just happens and it sucks.

I definitely know what you mean on thinking you're perfect and they'll hire you on the spot. I'll see a job listing and let my mind run ahead of itself and have to bring myself back to reality. No fun.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Aug 6, 2013 -> 05:54 PM)

That's the way it usually works. Then the position that doesn't really fit, and you apply to as an afterthought is the one that calls back. That's how I got this job.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 10:20 AM)
I have a job interview in a town just NE of Orlando next Friday (Aug 9th). They are paying for my airfare. Didnt expect that since it isnt a high ranking position.

what town?

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Aug 2, 2013 -> 12:28 PM)

Well I got it :headbang

Guest I'm going to be a cheese head :huh:

Without getting too far ahead of myself this time next week I'll be starting my career in long distance trucking. No more juggling 3 jobs, no more Chicago... pretty stoked.

Congratulations! Just don't be one of those guys who pulls into the left lane going 66 right in front of me when I'm going 76.

• 2 weeks later...