2010 ALCS: Rangers vs. Yankees

Brian

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it me or is the pace of any playoff game featuring the Yankees unbearably slooooow? Between batters walking out of the box and chatting with the ump on every called strike, long sets by the pitchers, plenty o' mound visits (players and coaches), the amount of time between pitches is just ridiculous.

I watched both LCS games yesterday- the Yankees/Rangers game was so slow-moving I wanted to pull my hair out, and then the Phillies/Giants game was, comparatively, a joyous breeze. The contrast really stuck out to me.

I'm not saying everyone has to be Mark Buehrle up there, and I don't care if the game itself is long, as long as the pace is decent. Someone in MLB needs to get some balls and stand up to the Yankees on this issue.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 17, 2010 -> 01:43 PM)
It's not just you.

Someone did have the balls to say something, unfortunately it was Joe West.

That's right, I remember that Joe West controversy about the Yankees/Red Sox games early in the season. Still, there has to be some real rule changes or consequences, because the games are barely watchable. Wasn't Frank Robinson supposed to do something about this?

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Oct 17, 2010 -> 03:22 PM)
The Rangers look like the better team two games in. Hopefully, there's no more bullpen mishaps and they can nip another Yankees World Series run in the bud.

You left out the most important detail. The Rangers look like the better team 2 games in despite Cliff lee not pitching.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 17, 2010 -> 03:32 PM)
You left out the most important detail. The Rangers look like the better team 2 games in despite Cliff lee not pitching.

That's the most encouraging thing to me. The loss in game one would have been all the more deflating if the Rangers had wasted a game from their ace. It's actually worked out well to have Cliff Lee sitting pretty going into New York.

I think I've come to the conclusion that I like seeing postseason baseball in NY. I hate the hell out of the Yanks but for the time being I'll forego parity (Texas f***ing Rangers in the ALCS, really?) and soak the end of the dynasty I grew up with up while it lasts, cause I don't give it more than two, maybe three years. A big part of why I wasn't fond of NY was the messy blowjob that ESPN makes a scene out of giving, but then I realized that I don't watch that s***, and cartoon network is a more legit source of sports information. It will be even more ridiculous if Cliff Lee has a hand in things and then winds up in the Bronx next year. That is really discouraging to me and sits on par with steroid era garbage.

Edited by Swingandalongonetoleft