SOXTALK NOV/DEC '10 LIST

knightni

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've gotten myself to 7 so far, all of which legitimately belong there. I can push myself farther by adding more generic ones, sometimes from the same brewery, like Fat Tire or more Sam Adams varieties, but I'm not sure I want to. Would y'all prefer the legitimate top 7 or should I push towards 10-15?

I was thinking about this, and I checked my ratebeer.com reviews to come up with my top 10 or so. I'm up to 390 reviews, and I probably have 20 or so that I've rated excellent. But, some of those are not beer that I regularly drink. I think a beer like Blue Moon will make my list even though it's lower than the top 20 of my reviews.

This is going to a time-consumer. Maybe I'll have to go pick up a few to "re-taste"...you know just to make sure my list is accurate.

I'm sitting this one out as well. Not enough beers to make a full 10 list and they all rotate.

I don't see how there's gonna be a consensus #1 on this list cause it's gonna be beer snobs and people who just drink to get drunk haha.

QUOTE (Cali @ Nov 10, 2010 -> 04:18 PM)
I'm sitting this one out as well. Not enough beers to make a full 10 list and they all rotate.

I don't see how there's gonna be a consensus #1 on this list cause it's gonna be beer snobs and people who just drink to get drunk haha.

I'm debating whether "Tecate" has a role on mine for the latter part.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 10, 2010 -> 04:56 PM)
I think I'm going to post my list here also...it's not yet set in stone though. I won't add anything I haven't had yet, but I'm trying to figure out what I'm obviously missing.

Edited by Balta1701 to remove my list

These are high on my list.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 10, 2010 -> 03:53 PM)
So in addition to PM'ing you a list, can we post our lists somewhere too, for discussion?

If you save a copy, you can post them after the list is over.

It ruins the surprise of the list if you do it beforehand or during.

List submitted. I agree that I could have listed 100 beers. I looked at my top 20 in ratebeer.com and found that most of them many people probably never heard of. So, I tried to include some well known ones that I still really enjoy. I still would be surprised if my #1 or #2 are on many other lists.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Nov 11, 2010 -> 08:40 AM)
So are we submitting Sam Adams or the particular type of Sam Adams

I have three different Sam Adams beers on my list. A regular Sam Adams is their Boston Lager, but they have another dozen+ beers that are available, including some seasonal ones.