Winter Meeting Buzz

Frank_Thomas

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 6, 2010 -> 12:35 PM)
It's not like the offer the Padres accepted was earth shattering. Viciedo + Flowers + Escobar is probably the best we could put together right now.

The thing is that they offered Dunn awhile ago, and he was their #1 target from what I understand. Second, A-gon would have eliminated Paulie due to the contract extension and a redundant position. It makes no sense other than throwing s*** against the wall IMO.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 6, 2010 -> 10:35 AM)
It's not like the offer the Padres accepted was earth shattering. Viciedo + Flowers + Escobar is probably the best we could put together right now.

Red Sox deal beat that, but our deal would have been a steal too as far as I'm concerned, even if Adrian walked a year later.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 6, 2010 -> 01:38 PM)
Red Sox deal beat that, but our deal would have been a steal too as far as I'm concerned, even if Adrian walked a year later.

Any deal the Sox put together right now for Gonzalez would have been a steal unless they included a MLB starter. The Sox don't have anything in their system worth Gonzalez. They could have done something with Danks + Viciedo that would have not been a steal, but there's no reason for the Sox to do that.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Dec 6, 2010 -> 12:41 PM)
Olney tweets DBacks had virtually no dialogue with Paulie.

I find it hard to believe that Konerko would want to play out the string with a team that is clearly rebuilding. So, Olney's tweet is not surprising. Though, I would really like to know what PK is looking for in terms of a contract.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 6, 2010 -> 06:34 PM)
I'm not going to pull punches here, I dont believe him at all.

Neither do I, but that's mostly because I think Hoyer is either a moron or working for the Red Sox and only worked with them on the deal.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 6, 2010 -> 01:50 PM)
I like how there's a few people reporting that Pauly has had pretty much no discussions with Arizona and then there's a few who are reporting that they're making a huge push. Good stuff.

Mark Reynolds for Melvin Mora is not how you convince a veteran to come to your city.

Ozzie: Pk knows we want him. Kenny and jerry have talked about it. The direction we are going in is a good one.

Ozzie: Sale or thornton is the closer in my mind right now

Ozzie: Biggest concern is to keep carlos quentin healthy and get him the at-bats he needs

Ozzie on if PK is back: I want Dunn to hit in first innng so I might bat him third. May put Rios fourth to get speed between Dunn and PK - WTF?

This all from Scott Reifert.

Edited by justBLAZE

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 6, 2010 -> 01:52 PM)
Mark Reynolds for Melvin Mora is not how you convince a veteran to come to your city.

Honestly, it wouldn't take that much money to make me go to Arizona. I can really see where Paulie would be coming from, if he decides to jump ship. I don't think he will, but it wouldn't shock me.