Winter Meeting Buzz

Frank_Thomas

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 6, 2010 -> 04:55 PM)
Garcia is the 5th until Peavy's healthy. As much as I want Sale to start, I think that ship has sailed for next year.

I want Sale to be a starter, but if we're going for it next year he helps us most in the pen. He's young enough where one year of him in the pen shouldn't really hurt him much.

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Dec 6, 2010 -> 03:58 PM)
I want Sale to be a starter, but if we're going for it next year he helps us most in the pen. He's young enough where one year of him in the pen shouldn't really hurt him much.

If we were going into rebuilding mode, we should have given Chris his shot to be starter but since we're "all in," he helps us the most by being in the bullpen.

And you guys think the Sox are going to spend a few mill to keep Frederico? Don't you think we could potentially get more from Sale than Garcia and than have someone in our pen and than also move Sale to the pen later on in the season when Peavy comes back?

Or am I off-base. I also don't pretend that Sale can just come in and kick ass as a starter but I like the idea of trying him as a starter. However, I think he's a much safer bet to succeed at a high level out of the pen.

My guess is Landis is hoping he can land both clients with the White Sox. Probably in his best interest to get Putz signed first, as signing PK first might preclude us from signing Putz (or at least make us think we are precluded). Then with public sentiment on the side of signing PK, we do so, after locking up Putz.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Dec 6, 2010 -> 04:07 PM)
KW says he had initial conversation with PK's people. Will lead to more conversations. Not optimistic. Not pessimistic at this stage - Scott Reifert

Who's the competition for the Sox here? As I have read, Diamondbacks are not really pursuing him and Baltimore is out of the question.