Winter Meeting Buzz

Frank_Thomas

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Pale Sox @ Dec 6, 2010 -> 05:02 PM)
Dodgers willing to listen to offers for Broxton after all... I wonder what they'd be looking for?

per ESPN:

The Los Angeles Dodgers are actively involved in discussions on a possible three-player deal with the Milwaukee Brewers that would bring slugging first baseman Prince Fielder to Los Angeles in exchange for Dodgers first baseman James Loney and embattled closer Jonathan Broxton, according to multiple sources who spoke on the condition of anonymity.

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Dec 6, 2010 -> 04:21 PM)
You guys are pretty crazy to think that Jenks is going to come crawling back to take little money. Somebody is going to give him some cash.

good , i hope he doesnt come back. at this point, we have better options and if bobby isnt closing, hes useless. and when he has been the closer the last couple of years and then got hurt, he messed up the way the pens had been pitching

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Dec 6, 2010 -> 05:21 PM)
You guys are pretty crazy to think that Jenks is going to come crawling back to take little money. Somebody is going to give him some cash.

True, closers with WHIPs that approach 1.5 are in pretty high demand these days.

QUOTE (Wanne @ Dec 6, 2010 -> 04:22 PM)
per ESPN:

The Los Angeles Dodgers are actively involved in discussions on a possible three-player deal with the Milwaukee Brewers that would bring slugging first baseman Prince Fielder to Los Angeles in exchange for Dodgers first baseman James Loney and embattled closer Jonathan Broxton, according to multiple sources who spoke on the condition of anonymity.

WTF?

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Dec 6, 2010 -> 04:07 PM)
KW says he had initial conversation with PK's people. Will lead to more conversations. Not optimistic. Not pessimistic at this stage - Scott Reifert

Alright now Paulie come on stop f***ing about and sign on the dotted line. KW has other things to worry about - like the swiss cheese bullpen we got now. SIGN!!!

QUOTE (Wanne @ Dec 6, 2010 -> 04:22 PM)
per ESPN:

Interesting. The pen has been a diaster for Milwaukee, but with them already trading Lawrie, I can't believe they are still thinking about trading Fielder, especially without getting a big time starting pitching prospect in return.

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Dec 6, 2010 -> 04:21 PM)

Depends on what you mean by "some cash". If Jenks really had a big value, the Sox wouldn't have non-tendered him, because they could have traded him. The fact that the Sox let him walk away pretty much tells you he wasn't worth a decent amount of money to the marketplace.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 6, 2010 -> 04:28 PM)
Interesting. The pen has been a diaster for Milwaukee, but with them already trading Lawrie, I can't believe they are still thinking about trading Fielder, especially without getting a big time starting pitching prospect in return.

That would be a terrible deal for the Brewers and a fireable offense for Melvin.

I haven't seen much out there on Chris Young. He's a guy who's coming off 3 fairly injury-riddled seasons but I'd rather see 1-2 million thrown his way than 3-4 Freddie's way 10 times out of 10. He's obviously not a guy who's going to sign early but I hope he's on KW's radar. This is of course assuming you've moved Floyd or Danks in a deal.

Why is everybody freaking out over the bullpen right now? lol. Putz obviously was looking to get paid and I'm glad the Sox passed. It's December 6th. We've got 3 legitimate relievers right now. I'm sure will pick somebody up. As sad as our system is, we do have some arms that at least deserve a shot. Bullpens can be piecemealed together rather easily, and more importantly, cheaply.