White Sox sign Daryle Ward and Jeff Gray

ChiliIrishHammock24

Ward is old and crappy, but Jeff Gray is an interesting name. He just recently turned 29, and was terrible with the Cubs last year. However, prior to last season he put up real solid numbers in 2009 for the A's. Between AAA and the Major League team in 2009, Gray pitched 67 innings, striking out 41 while walking just 8 batters unintentionally. Gray has a career 55% GB%, which is very solid.

QUOTE (robinventura23 @ Dec 7, 2010 -> 08:33 AM)
So.....this is Plan B?

These are (hopefully) guys that would come up mid-season if they're having a decent year at Charlotte, someone from the big league pen gets hurt, and guys that are in Charlotte's pen who we might genuinely be trying to develop (i.e. Anthony Carter) aren't yet ready. Call it whatever plan you want. Otherwise, they're just there to win games for the knights.

QUOTE (robinventura23 @ Dec 7, 2010 -> 07:33 AM)
So.....this is Plan B?

I think Ward was signed as a solid to his father. The Sox had him several years ago and let him go to the Newark Bears I believe. He's pretty much done at the major league level. Gray has a slight chance to pitch in Chicago, but either he would have to show a lot more than he's shown recently or a lot of things would have to go wrong. These are Charlotte Knights not Chicago White Sox.