Greinke traded to the Brewers

southsider2k5

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose this is good news. For our sake it would have probably been better for the Royals to be dumb and hold onto him, but the haul they got doesn't frighten me all that much. I'll be curious to see how Escobar turns out, but color me unimpressed thus far (yes, I know he is very young).

I wonder if the Brewers will step up their efforts to deal Prince now.

Edited by iamshack

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 19, 2010 -> 10:59 AM)
I suppose this is good news. For our sake it would have probably been better for the Royals to be dumb and hold onto him, but the haul they got doesn't frighten me all that much. I'll be curious to see how Escobar turns out, but color me unimpressed thus far (yes, I know he is very young).

I wonder if the Brewers will step up their efforts to deal Prince now.

I'm not saying it should frighten you. But are you crazy? Maybe 1 or 2 teams in baseball could've topped that haul. I'd like to know what would impress you? 4 Jason Heywards?

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 19, 2010 -> 09:42 AM)
This deal makes me smile. The Yankees lose, and the Cubs road gets harder. What's not to like?

Cubs fans are dumber than I ever imagined. Apparently if you take 2009 away Greinke is Ryan Dempster. Not realizing the undeniable fact that Greinke will be even better in the NL. Then a couple other idiots claim the Royals got "fleeced." Pathetic.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 19, 2010 -> 11:22 AM)
Cubs fans are dumber than I ever imagined. Apparently if you take 2009 away Greinke is Ryan Dempster. Not realizing the undeniable fact that Greinke will be even better in the NL. Then a couple other idiots claim the Royals got "fleeced." Pathetic.

lol, who said the Royals got fleeced? This is a great deal for them.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Dec 19, 2010 -> 12:15 PM)
The Royals farm system is loaded. Eventually, they're going to have to stop stocking up a surplus of talent and actually make the deals that are going to help them win ball games now, instead of in the future.

Thing is 3 of the 4 players they got are major league ready. It's not like they have to wait around for 2-3 years for these guys to develop. Not sure how much anybody around here knows about Escobar. But he really is an Elvis Andrus clone. His bat has to improve. But this guy can play a mean ass SS.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Dec 19, 2010 -> 01:10 PM)
I'm pretty sure Greinke started pitching with right-hand recently. Probably the reason for his success.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 19, 2010 -> 01:16 PM)
lol. I didn't even catch that. Sure it was just a small brainfart by Q.

Yup. Brainfart.

I always think AL Central aces are left-handed. It's just natural!

But surely, there must be some sort of AL Central Cy Young curse?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 19, 2010 -> 01:27 PM)
Wow, the Brewers are going all-in on next year and canceling out every year after next year.

I'd imagine Greinke gets traded again next offseason.

And I don't have a problem with that all in the NL central. There's nothing close to a dominant team in that division.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 19, 2010 -> 02:37 PM)
And I don't have a problem with that all in the NL central. There's nothing close to a dominant team in that division.

I think there are now 3 teams there which could be really, really, really good. The Reds still look like the class of that division to me, and the Cardinals are same as last year.