Food poisoning

shipps

QUOTE (knightni @ Dec 18, 2010 -> 03:05 PM)
I have had half of my front desk staff go out with it this week.

Working a 16 hour shift sucks.

Did they also eat Won Kow in Chinatown?

I have been violently sick since about 11 last night. I didn't know that you feel like you are going to die with food poisoning.

QUOTE (shipps @ Dec 18, 2010 -> 04:55 PM)
Did they also eat Won Kow in Chinatown?

I have been violently sick since about 11 last night. I didn't know that you feel like you are going to die with food poisoning.

Little Caesars

I've gotten it from Long John Silvers and KFC before.

Pretty much, I avoid fast food as much as possible now.

QUOTE (knightni @ Dec 18, 2010 -> 06:10 PM)
Little Caesars

I've gotten it from Long John Silvers and KFC before.

Pretty much, I avoid fast food as much as possible now.

My friend got really sick from Little Caesars one night, but I ate the same thing and was fine. My brother also got sick at a restaurant when we were kids, we ordered the same thing but I was fine. I have an iron stomach I guess.

I got e.coli from a burger in Singapore in Feb of last year. Probably the most sick I've ever been in my life. I'm sure you're going to see a doc about this, as the antibiotics were def. what brought a quick end to it for me.

On the bright side, I lost about 5 lbs in a week.

I hadn't had food from a fast food place in months, and probably Jimmy John's for about a year, I got it yesterday and heard on TV that they are recalling their sprouts, which were on my sandwich, because of salmonella reports. It's been about 24 hours and I feel fine, so hopefully I avoided.

Yeah, food poisoning is terrible, comes out of nowhere and just wrecks you.

I got it from a deep-dish spinach pizza about two years ago. What's funny is that before that time, I never ever ordered spinach pizza before, I just had some weird craving for it. I remember waking up in the morning and throwing up what looked like pure spinach leaves and water. And to make matters worse, at work we were releasing a huge new product that needed my immediate attention, and my backup was out-of-town because of a death in family. I picked up several Pedialytes on my way to work, and drank those as I s*** at least two times every hour. That was definitely one of the worst weeks of my life. I can hardly even look at spinach now.

People tend to misdiagnose what caused their food poisoning because their memory is only of the last thing they ate, or the thing they think they shouldn't have have ate and choose to blame that specific thing.

Fact is that it can take food poisoning up to 48 hours to set in...so it could have been ANYTHING you ate from the point you felt sick to as much as 48 hours back...and usually the thing you think it was...it wasn't. It was something else you still presume is safe that caused it. ;) Unless diagnosed as to the exact type of food poisoning you had/have, it's otherwise impossible to guess how long it could have taken to set in. Some forms set in within 2 hours, while others take much longer, even days.

Edited by Y2HH