Catch All Anything Thread

kapkomet

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 10:30 PM)
My sister in law IMs me on Facebook chat:

Her: "It's past your bedtime!"

Me: "I know, I'm about to go f*** your sister"

Instead you hop on Soxtalk to tell all of us.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 10:30 PM)
My sister in law IMs me on Facebook chat:

Her: "It's past your bedtime!"

Me: "I know, I'm about to go f*** your sister"

I so need to do that to my SIL. Its bad enough that I have changed her name on the caller IDs to "Its Her Again".

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 7, 2011 -> 10:19 AM)
I so need to do that to my SIL. Its bad enough that I have changed her name on the caller IDs to "Its Her Again".

This must be a rule for SIL's. They are annoying as f***.

Went to an Elton John concert last night. Say what you will about that, but Elton was phenomenal. Considering he was in Bismarck, North Dakota playing in front of a crowd that was less than 5K, he brought a ton of energy to the show. He can't hit the high notes like he used to, but he can definitely still tickle the ivories.

It would have been much more enjoyable had there not been 3 total snooty b****es sitting behind us. They were talking the entire show, and considering this is at a concert, they have to be talking loudly. They did this through every single song, not listening at all, which made my listening experience worse, and then at the end of every song, they'd scream really, really loudly. At one point, one person a few seats down asked them to hold their conversation or at least lower the volume of their speaking, and their response was essentially "We paid for these seats, so we are going to do whatever we want."

I normally don't wish ill will upon people, but I hope karma hit them with an open handed b****slap upside the head last night.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 7, 2011 -> 05:35 PM)
Went to an Elton John concert last night. Say what you will about that, but Elton was phenomenal. Considering he was in Bismarck, North Dakota playing in front of a crowd that was less than 5K, he brought a ton of energy to the show. He can't hit the high notes like he used to, but he can definitely still tickle the ivories.

It would have been much more enjoyable had there not been 3 total snooty b****es sitting behind us. They were talking the entire show, and considering this is at a concert, they have to be talking loudly. They did this through every single song, not listening at all, which made my listening experience worse, and then at the end of every song, they'd scream really, really loudly. At one point, one person a few seats down asked them to hold their conversation or at least lower the volume of their speaking, and their response was essentially "We paid for these seats, so we are going to do whatever we want."

I normally don't wish ill will upon people, but I hope karma hit them with an open handed b****slap upside the head last night.

One of my favorite shows I ever saw was Elton and Billy Joel playing together. Awesome.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 7, 2011 -> 06:49 PM)
One of my favorite shows I ever saw was Elton and Billy Joel playing together. Awesome.

I saw them at Wrigley, it was a great show. At least one of them was on the stage for like 3.5 hours straight. And the people watching was nearly worth the price of admission as well.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 7, 2011 -> 06:49 PM)

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 7, 2011 -> 06:58 PM)
I saw them at Wrigley, it was a great show. At least one of them was on the stage for like 3.5 hours straight. And the people watching was nearly worth the price of admission as well.

I, too, saw this show. My old man was obsessed with Elton John (likes of "Rocket Man", "Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting", etc) so I grew up with a lot of that music. The performance of "Funeral for a Friend" with Elton and BJ was something that will be remembered for a long time.

Likewise, my mother-in-law raised my wife and her sister on Billy Joel. Myself, my wife, sis in law, mother in law, and her boyfriend all went and had a damn good time, even if it was in that dump.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 8, 2011 -> 09:07 AM)
I, too, saw this show. My old man was obsessed with Elton John (likes of "Rocket Man", "Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting", etc) so I grew up with a lot of that music. The performance of "Funeral for a Friend" with Elton and BJ was something that will be remembered for a long time.

Likewise, my mother-in-law raised my wife and her sister on Billy Joel. Myself, my wife, sis in law, mother in law, and her boyfriend all went and had a damn good time, even if it was in that dump.

I came back a much bigger fan of Billy Joel, and a little disappointed in Elton. His voice wasn't anywhere near what it used to be. But the show was excellent.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 8, 2011 -> 09:18 AM)
I came back a much bigger fan of Billy Joel, and a little disappointed in Elton. His voice wasn't anywhere near what it used to be. But the show was excellent.

My brother's been going to Elton shows for years and has said similar things.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Apr 11, 2011 -> 02:14 PM)
Little 500 week is here. Get ready for insanity ladies and gents.

I visited an IU friend once during Little Five and I and several other people ended up one night falling through the floor of a loft that collapsed under the weight of way too many drunk people. Fortunately there were lots of drunk people on the floor below us to break our fall.

Good times.