Catch All Anything Thread

kapkomet

QUOTE (farmteam @ May 17, 2011 -> 01:12 AM)
How long has that been there?

Soarin is my favorite Disney World attraction, for sure.

Tequila Cava is only about two years old. It's downstairs in the Mexico attraction where the ride and restaurant are, on the right side of the faux open air bazaar. 80 different tequilas and mescals and a menu with about a dozen original fresh margaritas.

I agree, Soarin' is a great ride.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (dasox24 @ May 16, 2011 -> 10:47 PM)
Speaking of Epcot, I was there today. My family surprised me for graduation with a trip to Disney World, so we did Magic Kingdom yesterday and Epcot today. Both were pretty awesome! (I've never been to Disney World before)

That's really cool. I am glad you had a great time. i am a bit of a Disney... well fanatic, and I dont deny it. EPCOT is my favorite park.

Interesting note: I have a cousin who is a fairly high ranking Walt Disney Imagineer. I've been exchanging emails with him over the last week, he's a really great guy. He's helping me look for jobs near Orlando.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 17, 2011 -> 01:07 PM)
Anyone know what is on fire on the west side of Chicago? You can see black smoke rising up just south of the Ike a few miles outside of downtown. It past Rush Hospital to the west and little more south.

Car on fire on Roosevelt east of Cicero.

EDIT: Now it says a truck is on fire.

Going off of mapquest traffic report.

Edited by Iwritecode

QUOTE (farmteam @ May 16, 2011 -> 11:12 PM)
How long has that been there?

Soarin is my favorite Disney World attraction, for sure.

Soarin' was incredible. Definitely my favorite thing we did as well.

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ May 16, 2011 -> 10:09 PM)
Hope you got a chance to enjoy a flight or two at Teqila Cava in Mexico. Best EPCOT addition in years.

Unfortunately, I didn't. By the time I made it all the way around to Mexico, the park was closed... But, that will just give me something else to look forward to when I come back (b/c at some point in the next few years, I'd definitely want to come back).

Edited by dasox24

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 17, 2011 -> 01:07 PM)
Anyone know what is on fire on the west side of Chicago? You can see black smoke rising up just south of the Ike a few miles outside of downtown. It past Rush Hospital to the west and little more south.

Industrial park around the 4700 block of W. Roosevelt is what the Trib says

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 18, 2011 -> 12:45 PM)
Am I wrong in assuming that, should someone not invite you to their wedding, you are considered more of an acquaintance than a friend?

They may have financial issues as well where they have to limit the number of guests.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 18, 2011 -> 12:49 PM)
Say you know quite a lot of other people who are going? Or that you know they're not in any financial trouble?

If you guys are in the same circles, and you alone didn't get an invite, it might mean something. It is hard to say that for sure, just because of the sheer numbers involved there. Weddings are f***ing expensive, and it could just be that you just happened to be #301 on a list of 300.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 18, 2011 -> 10:52 AM)
If you guys are in the same circles, and you alone didn't get an invite, it might mean something. It is hard to say that for sure, just because of the sheer numbers involved there. Weddings are f***ing expensive, and it could just be that you just happened to be #301 on a list of 300.

I need to clear up one thing, there is a reason I didn't invite any of you aholes to my wedding. :lol: ;)

But Milk, it all depends on the circumstances. They could have forgot, there could be a reason (if you are the only one not invited in your circle of friends, it could very well mean something), or it could just be they only can invite X number of people and there were people that if all being equal they would have invited but just couldn't. I know with us, there were probably 10 or so people that we would have liked to invite, but we were already in excess of our count and given our budget we just weren't able to invite more. Plus as we invited 10 more, than there would be another small set of people that you'd think you needed to invite.

Wedding invites are a pain in the ass, unless of course you have an unlimited budget, and even than I still imagine its a pain.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 18, 2011 -> 12:55 PM)
I need to clear up one thing, there is a reason I didn't invite any of you aholes to my wedding. :lol: ;)

But Milk, it all depends on the circumstances. They could have forgot, there could be a reason (if you are the only one not invited in your circle of friends, it could very well mean something), or it could just be they only can invite X number of people and there were people that if all being equal they would have invited but just couldn't. I know with us, there were probably 10 or so people that we would have liked to invite, but we were already in excess of our count and given our budget we just weren't able to invite more. Plus as we invited 10 more, than there would be another small set of people that you'd think you needed to invite.

Wedding invites are a pain in the ass, unless of course you have an unlimited budget, and even than I still imagine its a pain.

Yeah, that part sucked. Well you invited one person from work, now you have to invite your whole department. Ugh. I'd never get married again for no other reason, than to never have to plan a wedding again.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 18, 2011 -> 10:58 AM)
Yeah, that part sucked. Well you invited one person from work, now you have to invite your whole department. Ugh. I'd never get married again for no other reason, than to never have to plan a wedding again.

Agreed!!!

Well, there were exactly two people in our circle that didn't get invited. I felt completely snubbed, but most people tried to convince me that I shouldn't have felt that way (they were invited, of course). That's the thing that pissed me off the most, people acting as though I had no reason to feel upset about it. I just wanted to get a sense from people who are completely removed from the scenario.

And I mean, everybody our age and in that group of friends was invited except me and one other guy.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 18, 2011 -> 12:52 PM)

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 18, 2011 -> 12:55 PM)

Yes, I've thought of and heard all of those things, but those bold ones don't even seem like they're good excuses. It's like saying that this guy doesn't matter in both of those scenarios.

Given that everyone else was invited, unless they forgot (sure, not the best excuse, but with as much that goes on in the planning, I could easily understand this, I had forgotten people in my initial list and had to send out later invites to them), but if you are #301 out of 300, its not to say they aren't friends with you, it might just be more that on there ranking of friends you aren't as high on the list.

And that isn't necessarily a bad thing. Just maybe you aren't as tight as the others that they wanted to.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 18, 2011 -> 01:18 PM)
Given that everyone else was invited, unless they forgot (sure, not the best excuse, but with as much that goes on in the planning, I could easily understand this, I had forgotten people in my initial list and had to send out later invites to them), but if you are #301 out of 300, its not to say they aren't friends with you, it might just be more that on there ranking of friends you aren't as high on the list.

And that isn't necessarily a bad thing. Just maybe you aren't as tight as the others that they wanted to.

But if you can't make it into the top 300, doesn't that basically say you're an acquaintance and not a friend?

And more likely than not, after the wedding they'll say to each other "Why did we invite ____? We should have invited Ron instead."

I know I had those thoughts about certain people at our wedding. Some of our "friends" didn't even get us a card. f***ing lame.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 18, 2011 -> 01:26 PM)
But if you can't make it into the top 300, doesn't that basically say you're an acquaintance and not a friend?

Maybe. You could be talking about people from work, people from church, moms bridge group she had to invite etc being ahead of you for different reasons other than how good of friends you are (or aren't). It isn't literally a friend ranking list from 1 to whatever. Its stupid, but it is how the game is played.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 18, 2011 -> 01:42 PM)
Maybe. You could be talking about people from work, people from church, moms bridge group she had to invite etc being ahead of you for different reasons other than how good of friends you are (or aren't). It isn't literally a friend ranking list from 1 to whatever. Its stupid, but it is how the game is played.

We made an elaborate spreadsheet with quantitative rankings in 18 categories. Invites were decided based on numerical outcomes. Pitty her aunt got left out, but her GAR (gift above replacement) just really dragged her down.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ May 18, 2011 -> 01:58 PM)
We made an elaborate spreadsheet with quantitative rankings in 18 categories. Invites were decided based on numerical outcomes. Pitty her aunt got left out, but her GAR (gift above replacement) just really dragged her down.

:notworthy

POTY