Catch All Anything Thread

kapkomet

So I don't want to derail the thread congratulating him on the birth of his child (congratulations, by the way), but I have a question for Sqwert.

I know you're vegan and I'm pretty sure that your wife is, too. So I imagine you will raise your child vegan. If not, how does that work? And at what point does she get to make the choice between the two?

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jun 6, 2011 -> 09:48 PM)
So I don't want to derail the thread congratulating him on the birth of his child (congratulations, by the way), but I have a question for Sqwert.

I know you're vegan and I'm pretty sure that your wife is, too. So I imagine you will raise your child vegan. If not, how does that work? And at what point does she get to make the choice between the two?

If you are vegan do you breast feed your children?

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Jun 6, 2011 -> 11:40 PM)
If you are vegan do you breast feed your children?

QUOTE (knightni @ Jun 6, 2011 -> 11:42 PM)
I wondered the same thing, but I didn't want to ask the question.

You guys are serious? Of course vegans breastfeed. breast milk is the absolute best food for infants, and human breast milk is MADE FOR HUMAN BABIES! Cow milk is made for baby cows and not humans in the vegan view, so that is the difference.

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Jun 7, 2011 -> 02:55 AM)
You guys are serious? Of course vegans breastfeed. breast milk is the absolute best food for infants, and human breast milk is MADE FOR HUMAN BABIES! Cow milk is made for baby cows and not humans in the vegan view, so that is the difference.

I did some research after asking the Q.

You are correct from what I've seen, but I was curious to see if Sqwert thought the same way.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jun 7, 2011 -> 04:11 AM)
I did some research after asking the Q.

You are correct from what I've seen, but I was curious to see if Sqwert thought the same way.

Apologies, I did not mean to speak on Squert's behalf.

btw, I bet vegan mother's milk has got to taste pretty foul. Poor kid. . .

:D

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Jun 7, 2011 -> 01:55 AM)

^ this

I don't know where else to post this, but I find it to be a disturbing indictment of our current culture...

So, there is this huge wildfire burning in Arizona. Its a monster fire, burned like 400,000 acres so far, and keeps going. Approaching some towns now.

CNN interviews a resident of one of the towns and his family, who are packing up a couple pickup trucks with everything they can fit to leave. Not everything fits of course. Their choices?

--X-Box makes the cut, same with the dog

--What doesn't make the cut and stays to burn: family photos, and the cat

So... the X-box, easily replaceable, can go... but the irreplaceable family photos, and the LIVING THING, are left to burn? Seriously? WTF is wrong with people?

Article

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 11:07 AM)
I don't know where else to post this, but I find it to be a disturbing indictment of our current culture...

So, there is this huge wildfire burning in Arizona. Its a monster fire, burned like 400,000 acres so far, and keeps going. Approaching some towns now.

CNN interviews a resident of one of the towns and his family, who are packing up a couple pickup trucks with everything they can fit to leave. Not everything fits of course. Their choices?

So... the X-box, easily replaceable, can go... but the irreplaceable family photos, and the LIVING THING, are left to burn? Seriously? WTF is wrong with people?

Article

after my wife and kids were out, the next thing I would grab would be my picture CDs and portable hard drive with all of that stuff on it.

Article

Could they not find the cat?

Article

Perhaps they have all of their pictures online? And in regards to the cat, f*** cats. They suck.

Article

F*ck people, seriously. My cats are my babies.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 11:22 AM)
And in regards to the cat, f*** cats. They suck.

Only someone who has never owned a cat and seen all of the personality and entertainment they bring could say something like this. I know you're trying to be funny, but f*** off on the f*** cats let em burn comment, eh?

To add to this topic, then there is the other variety of idiots out there. Apparently some of them who were ordered to evacuate have decided to stay. There is a picture on CNN of a dude standing there in front of his house with a garden house, when this 2000 degree mega-fire bears down on him. Yeah, that's gonna end well.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 11:32 AM)
Only someone who has never owned a cat and seen all of the personality and entertainment they bring could say something like this. I know you're trying to be funny, but f*** off on the f*** cats let em burn comment, eh?

LOL, and less than 1 hour later you are say a human should be put to death because you think he is a bad ballplayer?