Catch All Anything Thread

kapkomet

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 10, 2011 -> 11:53 AM)
If I weren't married, we could just put bowties on our cats all day and pray for rainbows.

That video is so faked. You can tell she is trying not to laugh the whole time by watching the corners of her mouth.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 10, 2011 -> 11:06 AM)
That video is so faked. You can tell she is trying not to laugh the whole time by watching the corners of her mouth.

Ok Tim Roth...;)

I do agree though. A person would never send that out if they really made that in a serious way...unless it was Steve...

As for the intelligence debate...it seems fairly obvious which animal is more trainable and capable, as one has been domesticated to do all sorts of jobs and tasks for humans while another is employed basically as a rat/mouse repellent...

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 10, 2011 -> 01:48 PM)
Ok Tim Roth...;)

I do agree though. A person would never send that out if they really made that in a serious way...unless it was Steve...

If it was an eharmony dating profile they might not have expected it to get out onto the Youtubes. (Although this is not proof that it isn't fake of course).

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 10, 2011 -> 12:52 PM)
If it was an eharmony dating profile they might not have expected it to get out onto the Youtubes. (Although this is not proof that it isn't fake of course).

WTH would you not erase it, and then on top of that, actually send that to another living person, let alone a whole website?

Fake.Fake.Fake.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 10, 2011 -> 12:48 PM)
Ok Tim Roth...;)

As for the intelligence debate...it seems fairly obvious which animal is more trainable and capable, as one has been domesticated to do all sorts of jobs and tasks for humans while another is employed basically as a rat/mouse repellent...

Pretty cool...

Towser... the mouser.

There really is no debate though, dogs are vastly superior in the smarts department. Countless studies have been done... dating as far back as centuries ago... the answer is always the same. Cats have the heads up in the sensory department.. but in no way should better hearing/smelling be associated with greater intelligence. Purring may ever be beneficial to a cats health... but once more... in no way should it be associated with intelligence... they are just utilizing an action they are capable of making.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 10, 2011 -> 10:21 AM)
Cats can take care of their own bathroom needs, dogs can't. end of story.

My dog was box trained. He didn't go outside for business until he was 4 or 5 years old.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Jun 10, 2011 -> 10:03 PM)

I read that and went through some of the links. I could really evaluate based on the articles whether or not it would actually shut down any small breweries or not, a number of them said that they already use distributors and it isn't a problem.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 10, 2011 -> 09:14 PM)
I read that and went through some of the links. I could really evaluate based on the articles whether or not it would actually shut down any small breweries or not, a number of them said that they already use distributors and it isn't a problem.

I don't think it'll shut (m)any down. It just seems sort of ridiculous to enforce you to add a middleman. I'd agree that I think most decently sized breweries (decently sized for craft breweries, anyway) already use distributors...I would imagine that to even just have statewide distribution (let alone regional), you'd need a distributor.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Jun 11, 2011 -> 07:55 AM)
Cats can actually be potty trained, tell me when a dog could do that.

Put a pad in a bath tub and the dog would do business in there. You'd only have to clean up #2.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jun 10, 2011 -> 10:05 PM)
When will people realize that when it's a 70's theme night, tie dyed shirts don't exactly make sense.

I beg to differ. Tie-dye became fashionable in the very late 60's to early 70's. I would even go so far as to say it became mainstream fashionable more so in the early 70's than the late 60's, therefore it makes perfect sense to me.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Jun 11, 2011 -> 07:55 AM)
Cats can actually be potty trained, tell me when a dog could do that.

Beg to differ. My golden can open and close sliding doors to let himself out, turn on and off a faucet to get a drink, and bring me a beer... All while being mans best friend. The only thing he can't do is make me a grilled cheese, which he's working on. ;)

QUOTE (farmteam @ Jun 11, 2011 -> 03:10 PM)
I have not heard that, which obviously doesn't mean it's not the case. I do know there's wonky rules with shipping wine.

As a matter of a fact, I am pretty sure Bill Wirtz was the dbag at the center of it.

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Jun 11, 2011 -> 06:04 PM)
Beg to differ. My golden can open and close sliding doors to let himself out, turn on and off a faucet to get a drink, and bring me a beer... All while being mans best friend. The only thing he can't do is make me a grilled cheese, which he's working on. ;)

Any cat or dog can open sliding doors, some cats are actually able to turn door knobs though to open a door. As far as bringing you a beer, a cat is smart enough to make you bring it food/drink rather than the other way around. :headbang