Catch All Anything Thread

kapkomet

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, someone else asked a parking question so I'll do mine also.

Soldier Field. Best way to get in?

Buying a parking pass in advance is $51. I'd actually do that but I wish the gates opened more than 4 hours before event time so that I could head out into the city.

Staying at a Hotel near Michigan City, so other option is the South Shore, but would probably have to wait about 2 hours for the late night train if I did that.

Any other options I'm missing?

Also...best lot to go for (in order to get out of the city post-event heading South towards the Ryan)

I know in the South Loop there are parking lots that are withing walking distance ( a mile or two) from Soldier Field. I always see people park there for Bears games then walk to the game. I'm sure those are cheaper and I would bet they would be open all day, since you wanted to head into the city. I've never done it, so I don't have a specific lot or location to tell you, but that could be an option for you.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 24, 2011 -> 09:48 AM)
I know in the South Loop there are parking lots that are withing walking distance ( a mile or two) from Soldier Field. I always see people park there for Bears games then walk to the game. I'm sure those are cheaper and I would bet they would be open all day, since you wanted to head into the city. I've never done it, so I don't have a specific lot or location to tell you, but that could be an option for you.

That is the way to do it if you can. Heck even street parking in the south loop and taking a cab back to your car would be tons cheaper than the $51.

a sexy shipps haircut = $20

my wifes cat gets a haircut = $85

How does this make sense? I was telling my wife we can take the cat to my barber and tell em give the cat what I get. :huh

QUOTE (shipps @ Jun 25, 2011 -> 09:46 PM)

How does this make sense? I was telling my wife we can take the cat to my barber and tell em give the cat what I get. :huh

Whipped by a p**** huh?

QUOTE (shipps @ Jun 25, 2011 -> 09:46 PM)

I cut my hair today after waxing the car. Cost was 0.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 24, 2011 -> 08:35 AM)
Well, someone else asked a parking question so I'll do mine also.

Soldier Field. Best way to get in?

Buying a parking pass in advance is $51. I'd actually do that but I wish the gates opened more than 4 hours before event time so that I could head out into the city.

Staying at a Hotel near Michigan City, so other option is the South Shore, but would probably have to wait about 2 hours for the late night train if I did that.

Any other options I'm missing?

Also...best lot to go for (in order to get out of the city post-event heading South towards the Ryan)

Parking BY (not in) McCormick Place is free. I park on side streets for Bears games for free and haven't had a problem in 6 years.

Went to 6 flags great america today, I still have a blast there.

Of course though the first ride I went on broke down on us and we were stuck on the rollercoaster for like 40 minutes.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Jun 26, 2011 -> 10:50 PM)
I've lived in the northern suburbs for my entire life, and I've never been to 6 flags. Never really had the desire, either.

I went on a company day this year and will never go back with full crowds.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Jun 26, 2011 -> 11:08 PM)

Yeah much better when it's less crowded, but yesterday was such a nice day out and the crowds were reasonable and you really won't find much more thrills on a Sunday than there.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Jun 26, 2011 -> 11:08 PM)

That is the only way to go. The whole waiting in line for hours for one ride thing blows. Especially for what it costs to go there.

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Jun 27, 2011 -> 09:54 AM)
Help me choose my lunch.

http://gcrestaurant.com/Menu.html

Notes:

I don't like shrimp. I usually get Generals or Orange chicken, although today I'm kind of feeling wild and am heavily considering some sort of beef. What is typically a popular beef dish at a Chinese place?

I always test a Chinese place by their Tomato Pepper Beef.

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Jun 27, 2011 -> 09:54 AM)
Help me choose my lunch.

http://gcrestaurant.com/Menu.html

Notes:

I don't like shrimp. I usually get Generals or Orange chicken, although today I'm kind of feeling wild and am heavily considering some sort of beef. What is typically a popular beef dish at a Chinese place?

If you want different but not too crazy, go for some Moo Shu Pork.

I tend not to eat beet at Chinese restaurants, but Beef and Broccoli and Mongolian Beef tend to be the most popular.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jun 27, 2011 -> 09:08 AM)

I tend not to eat beet at Chinese restaurants, but Beef and Broccoli and Mongolian Beef tend to be the most popular.

oo, I don't dig on swine.

Tomato Pepper Beef sounds scrumtrilescent. What is it?

Edited by Swingandalongonetoleft

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jun 27, 2011 -> 11:08 AM)

I've wanted to try that for a while but never have. What kind of a flavor/spice is Mongolian Beef?

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jun 27, 2011 -> 10:20 AM)
I've wanted to try that for a while but never have. What kind of a flavor/spice is Mongolian Beef?

I don't know what flavor/spice it is, but I can tell you that it is pure awesomeness. Go for it.