2011 Films Thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Apr 25, 2011 -> 12:08 PM)
I agree more with this sentiment. It was good enough, but that movie should not have been nominated for Best Picture.

Speaking of Best Picture, I saw King's Speech this weekend. It was solid, though definitely not my Best Picture of the year.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 26, 2011 -> 03:35 PM)
Black Swan

I think King's Speech had them all beat. I'd say second was a tie between The Fighter and Black Swan with the next few being True Grit, Inception, and Winter's Bone in no particular order. I didn't find The Social Network to be too great. While I enjoyed Toy Story 3, I think it was only deserving of the nod because of the expansion of nominees. 127 hours didn't deserve a Best Picture nominee at all, and I'm going to see The Kids Are Alright next week.

Edited by Milkman delivers

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 28, 2011 -> 12:01 PM)
Holy crap! Fast Five has 83% on Rotten Tomatoes. May have to see it. Only have seen first two.

Bill SImmons and Adam Carolla's hour and a half long dissection of this movie made me want to see it.

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 28, 2011 -> 02:23 PM)
Bill SImmons and Adam Carolla's hour and a half long dissection of this movie made me want to see it.

Did they do another for FAST FIVE? I know they did it for the last one and DRIVE ANGRY.

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/paramou...sdarkofthemoon/

The new trailer for the 3rd Transformers movie came out today, and they f*** up Chicago big time. I dont expect much in these movies, so they dont disappoint me too much, but this one looks to have quite an awesome war.

Shockwave looks pretty awesome with his arm cannon

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 08:21 AM)
Off today so think I am gonna go see "Hanna". Will wait a few weeks for Fast Five crowd to die down.

Dont lie, you are just afraid you will end up street racing after the movie and you know that your geo metro doesnt have any juice

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 09:08 AM)
Dont lie, you are just afraid you will end up street racing after the movie and you know that your geo metro doesnt have any juice

No. I'm afraid my 2002 Ford Explorer Sports Trac will blow up if I go over 65.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 12:54 PM)
Fast Five, perhaps the best in the series.

I called an audible at the theatre and saw it instead of Hanna. Fun action but the melodrama and acting is awful. Not too mention it was full of jackasses who don't know how to act in a theatre.