2011 Films Thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jason Bourne tried to remember his identity. Now, the films that bear his name will have a whole new hero. One report indicates that it will be an already well established action star.

Matt Damon's time as the star of the "Bourne Identity" series is over, and the search his successor is over, the Latino Review reports. The site reports that a source indicated that "The Town" and "The Hurt Locker" star Jeremy Renner has been offered the lead role in the next generation of Bourne movies, starting with "The Bourne Legacy."

If true, Renner is a strong, experienced choice, but not one that had been rumored to be on director Tony Gilroy's shortlist in February. Then, potential Bourne 2.0 stars included Jake Gyllenhaal, Garrett Hedlund, Taylor Kitsch, Kellen Lutz and Tobey Maguire.

Whether it's Renner or someone else, they'll have a character of their own to inhabit.

"This is not a reboot or a recast or a prequel," Gilroy explained in October. "No one's replacing Matt Damon. There will be a whole new hero, a whole new chapter…this is a stand-alone project... The easiest way to think of it is an expansion or a reveal. Jason Bourne will not be in this film, but he's very much alive."

Renner will be seen this summer in another action film, "Mission Impossible 4: Ghost Protocol." In fact, he will be taking over the franchise from original star Tom Cruise, with whom he co-stars in the fourth film. He'll also play the hero Hawkeye in the upcoming Avengers film, as well as in a cameo in this summer's "Thor" big screen adaptation.

Link

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 10:39 AM)
I watched Dark City last night. I believe it was on the recommendation of qwerty. It was great and I might have liked it more than Inception.

I also saw Bang the Drum Slowly. It was really good, but I enjoyed it less.

wow i figured you would have seen that movie already. I also loved it, I saw it in the theatre

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 10:39 AM)
I watched Dark City last night. I believe it was on the recommendation of qwerty. It was great and I might have liked it more than Inception.

You're welcome. And I definitely like it better than Inception.

Edited by whitesoxfan99

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 11:46 AM)
wow i figured you would have seen that movie already. I also loved it, I saw it in the theatre

Nope, never really even heard of it.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Apr 6, 2011 -> 12:35 PM)
You're welcome. And I definitely like it better than Inception.

Oh, it was you? My bad, and thanks.

Link

The Caped Crusader is headed to Pittsburgh. On Tuesday, producer and director Christopher Nolan confirmed what many in the local film industry had suspected over the past few months, that the next installment in his Batman franchise, "The Dark Knight Rises," will not be returning to Chicago to shoot.

It is a blow for the city, but, "Based on the information we were getting from Warner Bros. through back channels, this doesn't come as an entire surprise," said Richard Moskal, director of the Chicago Film Office. "They would have given us an indication by this point if they were coming. We're certainly disappointed, but also so appreciative of everything Chris brought us in terms of the two previous Batman pictures."

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Apr 7, 2011 -> 09:37 AM)
Arthur looks like it could be the worst movie ever.

I think Your Highness looks good.

Im a big fan of McBride, so I'll probably have to see Highness at some point. Plus, I still have a crush on Portman.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 7, 2011 -> 09:52 AM)
I'm sure both will be slightly enjoyable comedies. 'Get Him to the Greek' was surprisingly good, so who knows with 'Arthur'.

Get Him to the Greek was hilarious. Arthur just looks like it'll be awful to me though.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 7, 2011 -> 08:52 AM)
I'm sure both will be slightly enjoyable comedies. 'Get Him to the Greek' was surprisingly good, so who knows with 'Arthur'.

These two movies are basically being universally panned though and Get Him to the Greek actually got good reviews.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Apr 7, 2011 -> 09:21 AM)
These two movies are basically being universally panned though and Get Him to the Greek actually got good reviews.

Meh, EW gave both 'Arthur' and 'Your Highness' a C+, which is right in line with average comedies as far as their grading goes. I never look at rotten tomatoes as gospel so early in the critiquing period.

I'm sure they both have average laughs, but I doubt either is a complete travesty. I won't spend the theater bucks to see them, regardless.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Apr 7, 2011 -> 12:05 AM)
I am shocked, SHOCKED by the early reviews on these 2 movies:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/your_highness/

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/arthur_2011/

Well I just got back from Your Highness and it was funny, it wasn't as funny as I thought it would be but I did laugh a lot during it.. I don't see why someone else wouldn't think that its funny based on the comedy that's going on it it..

Arthur on the other hand, looks terrible.. but then again, I don't care for Russel Brand

QUOTE (T R U @ Apr 8, 2011 -> 02:30 AM)
Well I just got back from Your Highness and it was funny, it wasn't as funny as I thought it would be but I did laugh a lot during it.. I don't see why someone else wouldn't think that its funny based on the comedy that's going on it it..

Arthur on the other hand, looks terrible.. but then again, I don't care for Russel Brand

I don't know anybody who does.