2011 Video Game Catch-All Thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 18, 2011 -> 12:10 PM)
The funny thing is it shouldnt take a genius to lock down the network, who the f*** do they have working for them?

they should hire Zero Cool, Acid Burn, and Cereal Killer. The Plague obviously is not doing well guarding the Gibson

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 18, 2011 -> 01:21 PM)
they should hire Zero Cool, Acid Burn, and Cereal Killer. The Plague obviously is not doing well guarding the Gibson

Nice hackers reference, I dont think anyone else but me and you have seen that movie. It got me into an early form of hacking on AOL back in the day.

Anyone play LA Noire yet?

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 19, 2011 -> 11:41 AM)

I like it so far, the cases are all interesting. Its not a GTA type game where you can pull out your gun and just kill random people. In fact your gun only gets pulled automatically during certain situations on a case. The only thing I dont like is the repetitiveness of the whole thing.. its like.. Get to the scene, look for clues, interrogate suspect, suspect flees, run after him, tackle him, bring him to jail, look for clues in new area, interrogate new suspect, etc.. Every single case follows this formula in one form or another.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 19, 2011 -> 12:11 PM)
Dragon Age Origins or Oblivion? Both are on sale on Amazon and I feel like starting another one of these.

I think I put like 150 hours into Oblivion and got most of the stuff done, including the Shivering Isles expansion pack. It's an awesome game. Oh, I didn't have my XBox Live set up either, so I never got an DLC, and I imagine there is some stuff there.

Edited by witesoxfan

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 19, 2011 -> 12:29 PM)
I think I put like 150 hours into Oblivion and got most of the stuff done, including the Shivering Isles expansion pack. It's an awesome game. Oh, I didn't have my XBox Live set up either, so I never got an DLC, and I imagine there is some stuff there.

The game of the year pack includes all of the expansions. I assume it will take up quite a bit of my time at night

Nice hackers reference, I dont think anyone else but me and you have seen that movie. It got me into an early form of hacking on AOL back in the day.

I went to see it with the rest of my fellow computer nerds when I was in high school.

I still watch it when it comes on. Jolie is just super hot in that movie. Almost "Gia" hot

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 19, 2011 -> 01:11 PM)
Dragon Age Origins or Oblivion? Both are on sale on Amazon and I feel like starting another one of these.

Never played DAO but I had Oblivion. Never beat the game. I had about 100 hours in a few years back and my PS3 self imploded or something. Kinda been playing off and on over the past year and have another 50-60 hours in on it. It's a good game if you wnat to something to casually go back and forth from.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 19, 2011 -> 12:11 PM)

I loved Oblivion, but is incredibly glitchy. Still a great game.

Haven't played Dragon Age, but if its like Mass Effect, it'll be fun.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 19, 2011 -> 04:09 PM)
I loved Oblivion, but is incredibly glitchy. Still a great game.

Haven't played Dragon Age, but if its like Mass Effect, it'll be fun.

Still havent decided, instead I am going to make myself crazy by reading reviews on Amazon.com

What RPG game shoudl I be focusing on? I dont like the ones where you just hit attack and wait.

Or I could just take Myst out for my old Apple and become frustrated for hours at a time.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 19, 2011 -> 04:28 PM)
What RPG game shoudl I be focusing on? I dont like the ones where you just hit attack and wait.

Or I could just take Myst out for my old Apple and become frustrated for hours at a time.

After reading this, Mass Effect 2 maybe?

I'm normally not an RPG guy, but I'm having some fun with it. It still plays mostly like an RPG, but while you're waiting for the powers to cool down you can still use your guns.

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ May 19, 2011 -> 10:34 PM)
I personally enjoyed mass effect 1 better as far as the rpg element goes. Mass effect 2 was fantastic but the rpg aspect was way toned down from the original.

I have a PS3