2011 TV Thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 10, 2011 -> 10:39 PM)
I understand that you've resigned yourself to that being true, but you're playing it off like there was good reason to doubt it at first. There wasn't.

I think at this point he's just doing whatever he can to prove his signature correct.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 10, 2011 -> 11:39 PM)
I understand that you've resigned yourself to that being true, but you're playing it off like there was good reason to doubt it at first. There wasn't.

Yeah, there was a reason, because A) Vince hadn't claimed it to be true yet and B) I didn't pay a whole lot of attention to the gun-spinning scene and C) Breaking Bad is not always what it seems. There are cliff hangers, there are plot twists, and as I pointed out by that quote, you are not always right, even though your tone is definitive and offensive to those who have predictions other than yours.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Oct 10, 2011 -> 10:56 PM)
Yeah, there was a reason, because A) Vince hadn't claimed it to be true yet and B) I didn't pay a whole lot of attention to the gun-spinning scene and C) Breaking Bad is not always what it seems. There are cliff hangers, there are plot twists, and as I pointed out by that quote, you are not always right, even though your tone is definitive and offensive to those who have predictions other than yours.

What you fail to understand is that the things you highlighted in my post were true at the time. Hector did get his by being the only remaining member of his family and knowing that Gus orchestrated it all. Gus was not going to kill Hector, he was going to let him rot away and occasionally rub his face in it. But then Walt created a scenario that forced Gus' hand to do it. With the finale of the season, it was absolutely abundantly clear that Walt poisoned the child. This is something that happened, not something that potentially could happen given character histories and present situations which is what you're trying to tell me I was wrong about. The fact that you don't seem to get this is incredibly aggravating.

It's like this. Say there's a person you don't like, but you have no reason to harm that person. A person observing this could say that you won't hurt that person, and it'd be true. But then something comes along and totally changes the situation, say perhaps that this guy has openly threatened to murder you and was planning on following through on it. You would then have to change your view and it would be understandable. You would be Gus and the other person is Hector.

Edited by Milkman delivers

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 10, 2011 -> 11:29 PM)
What you fail to understand is that the things you highlighted in my post were true at the time. Hector did get his by being the only remaining member of his family and knowing that Gus orchestrated it all. Gus was not going to kill Hector, he was going to let him rot away and occasionally rub his face in it. But then Walt created a scenario that forced Gus' hand to do it. With the finale of the season, it was absolutely abundantly clear that Walt poisoned the child. This is something that happened, not something that potentially could happen given character histories and present situations which is what you're trying to tell me I was wrong about. The fact that you don't seem to get this is incredibly aggravating.

It's like this. Say there's a person you don't like, but you have no reason to harm that person. A person observing this could say that you won't hurt that person, and it'd be true. But then something comes along and totally changes the situation, say perhaps that this guy has openly threatened to murder you and was planning on following through on it. You would then have to change your view and it would be understandable. You would be Gus and the other person is Hector.

No way dude, Breaking Bad is so crazy. You can't accept anything that they are clearly showing you.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 10, 2011 -> 11:48 PM)
I saw you typing and I was scared you were going to say something to hurt my case :lol: So I'm not alone here in being dumbfounded?

Not at all. It was as clear as possible.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 11, 2011 -> 12:29 AM)

MY PREDICTION was that Hector was going to get his eventually, you said No, I was wrong, he was not going to hurt kill him. And guess what.....I WAS RIGHT, YOU WERE WRONG. That is my point. You sit there are talk s*** about other people (or at least MY) predictions, yet you aren't even right all the time yourself.

Predictions are for things to come in the FUTURE. Of course AT THE TIME Gus was not going to kill Hector. My guess was that he eventually would, and he did.

And then my PREDICTION was that Walt did not poison the kid (Again, this was BEFORE I read Gilligan's interview and rewatched the gun-spinning scene that I didn't originally pay attention to), and you came here and said how wrong I was, which I believe was before the Gilligan interview even came out confirming your thoughts. My point was that it's great that you have these amazing opinions and thoughts of what happened and what will happen, but as I pointed out with the Gus not killing Hector thing earlier, YOU ARE NOT ALWAYS RIGHT. Was I wrong about the poison thing? Yes. But my point is that you don't have to act like such a dick and rip in to people for having opinions or predictions differing from your own. You aren't always right, and I am clearly not always right. I don't recall talking s*** about what YOU think is going to happen either. Your next idea could be that Jesse kills Walt and his family next season, but don't look at me to tell you that's impossible and won't ever happen, because it COULD happen, as unlikely as it is.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Oct 11, 2011 -> 12:24 AM)
MY PREDICTION was that Hector was going to get his eventually, you said No, I was wrong, he was not going to hurt kill him. And guess what.....I WAS RIGHT, YOU WERE WRONG. That is my point. You sit there are talk s*** about other people (or at least MY) predictions, yet you aren't even right all the time yourself.

Predictions are for things to come in the FUTURE. Of course AT THE TIME Gus was not going to kill Hector. My guess was that he eventually would, and he did.

And then my PREDICTION was that Walt did not poison the kid (Again, this was BEFORE I read Gilligan's interview and rewatched the gun-spinning scene that I didn't originally pay attention to), and you came here and said how wrong I was, which I believe was before the Gilligan interview even came out confirming your thoughts. My point was that it's great that you have these amazing opinions and thoughts of what happened and what will happen, but as I pointed out with the Gus not killing Hector thing earlier, YOU ARE NOT ALWAYS RIGHT. Was I wrong about the poison thing? Yes. But my point is that you don't have to act like such a dick and rip in to people for having opinions or predictions differing from your own. You aren't always right, and I am clearly not always right. I don't recall talking s*** about what YOU think is going to happen either. Your next idea could be that Jesse kills Walt and his family next season, but don't look at me to tell you that's impossible and won't ever happen, because it COULD happen, as unlikely as it is.

He had already gotten his, that was the point in the first place. The shot of the plant in the backyard was about as close as it gets to Walter White staring directly into the camera and saying "I poisoned the little f***er."

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Oct 11, 2011 -> 01:46 AM)
He had already gotten his, that was the point in the first place. The shot of the plant in the backyard was about as close as it gets to Walter White staring directly into the camera and saying "I poisoned the little f***er."

He said he was not going to kill Hector. I implied he would. And in the end, he did try to kill Hector.

And if you hadn't already known Walt had that plant (because you missed the gun spinning scene), and you hadn't read the interview from Gilligan, then it's ENTIRELY POSSIBLE for one to predict that maybe Mike or the black guy poisoned Brock and put that plant in Walt's backyard to frame him. That, at the time, was my guess, and Milkman completely shot me down and told me how dumb I was for not realizing that there was a no chance of that happening. My point is that just because Milkman did not agree with my prediction does not mean he has to s*** all over it and be a dick about it.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Oct 11, 2011 -> 12:24 AM)

First of all, what do you think "get his" means? It means getting killed. It sounds like you think it means to "get his" revenge. I never said Hector wouldn't kill Gus. And I said, "I seriously doubt that Gus has any plans to kill Hector." At the time, Gus had no plans to kill Hector. That was brought about by the DEA visit.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Oct 11, 2011 -> 12:56 AM)
He said he was not going to kill Hector. I implied he would. And in the end, he did try to kill Hector.

And if you hadn't already known Walt had that plant (because you missed the gun spinning scene), and you hadn't read the interview from Gilligan, then it's ENTIRELY POSSIBLE for one to predict that maybe Mike or the black guy poisoned Brock and put that plant in Walt's backyard to frame him. That, at the time, was my guess, and Milkman completely shot me down and told me how dumb I was for not realizing that there was a no chance of that happening. My point is that just because Milkman did not agree with my prediction does not mean he has to s*** all over it and be a dick about it.

:lol:

And it sounds like your whole premise is based on not paying attention to the show.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 11, 2011 -> 02:02 AM)
First of all, what do you think "get his" means? It means getting killed. It sounds like you think it means to "get his" revenge. I never said Hector wouldn't kill Gus. And I said, "I seriously doubt that Gus has any plans to kill Hector." At the time, Gus had no plans to kill Hector. That was brought about by the DEA visit.

Yes, "get his" as, "kill him". My guess was that Hector would eventually "be killed by Gus". And you said you didn't think he would. And in the end, I was right, and you were wrong. It doesn't matter if everything suggests the opposite would happen, because that's what a TWIST in a show is. Everything made the audience think that Gus would end up torturing Hector for the rest of his life, but I had a feeling that Gus would eventually take matters in to his own hands. You disagreed, and I was right. That's was the point of bringing it up in this instance, as a reference to show that you are not always right, so you may not be right this time either.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 10, 2011 -> 09:38 AM)
I'm probably alone here but I like the set up on Dexter thus far. Hope the writers can pull out some good twists with everything in there later.

Really? Where do you think its going?

I am almost ready to quit. And I've been watching since the beginning.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Oct 11, 2011 -> 01:15 AM)
Yes, "get his" as, "kill him". My guess was that Hector would eventually "be killed by Gus". And you said you didn't think he would. And in the end, I was right, and you were wrong. It doesn't matter if everything suggests the opposite would happen, because that's what a TWIST in a show is. Everything made the audience think that Gus would end up torturing Hector for the rest of his life, but I had a feeling that Gus would eventually take matters in to his own hands. You disagreed, and I was right. That's was the point of bringing it up in this instance, as a reference to show that you are not always right, so you may not be right this time either.

I said he had no plans to kill Hector. This was 100% true. I didn't say "under no circumstances will Gus ever kill Hector" or anything of that nature.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 11, 2011 -> 02:37 AM)
I said he had no plans to kill Hector. This was 100% true. I didn't say "under no circumstances will Gus ever kill Hector" or anything of that nature.

How do you know he had no plans to kill him? See, you say things so definitively like there is no exception. How do you know he hasn't just been waiting for Hector to finally "look at him" and then he would kill him? How do you know he wasn't just waiting for a better, more appropriate time to kill him? You have no idea if he had no plans to kill Hector, yet you say things so cocksure and any other opinion is wrong.

Adding to this pissing contest, I don't think it was 100% certain that Walt poisoned Brock until the last few minutes of the show. I completely forgot about the gun spinning scene where it landed on the plant, and I assumed (as i'm sure 99% of the audience did) that Gus did it as an additional way to drive a wedge between Jessie and Walt. The only time I started to question that was Walt's reaction to Jessie saying that Brock was going to be ok. He was a little too relieved about that news. The shot of the plant at the end just confirmed it.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 11, 2011 -> 09:25 AM)
Adding to this pissing contest, I don't think it was 100% certain that Walt poisoned Brock until the last few minutes of the show. I completely forgot about the gun spinning scene where it landed on the plant, and I assumed (as i'm sure 99% of the audience did) that Gus did it as an additional way to drive a wedge between Jessie and Walt. The only time I started to question that was Walt's reaction to Jessie saying that Brock was going to be ok. He was a little too relieved about that news. The shot of the plant at the end just confirmed it.

I believe that's how most people got it, as did I.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Oct 11, 2011 -> 01:59 AM)
How do you know he had no plans to kill him? See, you say things so definitively like there is no exception. How do you know he hasn't just been waiting for Hector to finally "look at him" and then he would kill him? How do you know he wasn't just waiting for a better, more appropriate time to kill him? You have no idea if he had no plans to kill Hector, yet you say things so cocksure and any other opinion is wrong.

Joe, I'm gonna give up. Anyone could see that Gus had no plans to kill him. If you can't even get that, perhaps you should watch something a little more ham-fisted.