2011 TV Thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 6, 2011 -> 08:56 AM)
To each his own. You are in a solid minority of people who didn't enjoy. Go listen to Pearl Jam and root for the Mariners already.

Oh jeez. Are you a writer for the show? Don't take it so personally.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 6, 2011 -> 08:50 AM)
Up All Night is just solid every week. It also gives me a weekly dose of Will Arnett, which is a dream come true.

They seemed to be trying too hard for laughs in the first two episodes that I couldn't handle it and gave up.

QUOTE (juddling @ Oct 6, 2011 -> 02:26 AM)
As much as i'm liking this season of SOA, am I the only one having trouble with the blackmailing of Juice storyline? I mean the whole thing is built on Juice scared about the club finding out he's half black. I know at least once before they met another chapter who had a black guy in it. That plus the club has never had any major overtones of being racist. Maybe i'm missing something but I just wish this storyline would go away

I've been thinking the same thing.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 6, 2011 -> 08:56 AM)
To each his own. You are in a solid minority of people who didn't enjoy. Go listen to Pearl Jam and root for the Mariners already.

First of all Pearl Jam is awesome.

Second, Up all night is pretty good, not great, but good. I liken it to the New Girl at this point, good parts but not quite all there yet.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 5, 2011 -> 10:20 PM)
American Horror Story wasn't bad. Definitely has me wanting to see more. The potential is there.

And I now have a favorite opening theme song/intro.

Yeah, it was pretty well done...I loved the opening scene...wish the wife was hotter though.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 6, 2011 -> 02:59 PM)
Finally gonna start watching The League this season. Question: Can I just jump right in or should I watch some of the older episodes first?

You can probably just jump right in.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 6, 2011 -> 09:04 PM)
You can probably just jump right in.

Yeah but given how short the previous seasons are, if he can get access to them, I think it would be worth watching them first. I watched season 2 before season 1 and it kinda diminished it.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 7, 2011 -> 09:56 AM)
Well, 'Community', it's been too many bad episodes for too long. You are officially dropped. 'The Office' is following really closely.

'Parks & Rec', of course, rocked again last night.

The Office just has no funny anymore. It's like they are changing gears to make it a more serious show with some slapstick humor thrown in occasionally. Where the hell is the Dwight v. Jim stuff? Or Dwight anything. He's such a lost character now, when in reality he's the most interesting and comedic characters they have. Everyone else is s***.