2011 Cubs Thread

Balta1701

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 15, 2011 -> 10:52 AM)
Only guy close on that list is Hanson.

Chacin is no doubt close. He's flat dominated since reaching the bigs, all the while doing it in Coors. Most underrated/overlooked SP in the league.

Seriously Yankees, getting no hit thru 3 by Doug Davis? Thanks Ron Roenicke for waking up the Cubs. They win this series, and they'll come into the Cell with a lot more confidence than they had a week ago.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 02:13 PM)
Seriously Yankees, getting no hit thru 3 by Doug Davis? Thanks Ron Roenicke for waking up the Cubs. They win this series, and they'll come into the Cell with a lot more confidence than they had a week ago.

I assume Doug Davis would be facing the Sox on Wednesday. We all know how well the Sox usually fare against "crafty" lefties.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 08:29 PM)
I assume Doug Davis would be facing the Sox on Wednesday. We all know how well the Sox usually fare against "crafty" lefties.

Be nice if Viciedo will be in the lineup, and I think he just might be.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 02:37 PM)
No info, I just think a bad weekend by Pierre and it will be Viciedo time.

2 and a half months of garbage from Pierre and they haven't made a move. What will 1 weekend do to change that? He could go 0-for the weekend and still start each game next week.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 02:43 PM)
2 and a half months of garbage from Pierre and they haven't made a move. What will 1 weekend do to change that? He could go 0-for the weekend and still start each game next week.

I'm with fathom. I really think it's come to a head and I have a tiny bit more faith in this regime(KW) than most. I think he will make the decision and tell Ozzie to get the kid in there.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 10:00 PM)
Reed Johnson just saved Marmol an XBH given up. Quade smart to not have Soriano out there right now in LF.

It's unreal the seasons that Johnson and Baker are having. I'm happy we're only pitching one lefty against them.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 09:04 PM)
This ump is terrible, for and against Marmol.

For three years, I've suggested Marmol gets a bigger plate than anyone. You usually don't see guys so wild get the benefit from the umps as much as he does.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 04:07 PM)
For three years, I've suggested Marmol gets a bigger plate than anyone. You usually don't see guys so wild get the benefit from the umps as much as he does.

Well in this case, it really worked both ways. He got a few marginal calls, but lost a couple too.

Game over, Cubs 3-1. This is apparently their World Series for this year.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 17, 2011 -> 10:04 PM)
Cardinals suck right now. Their middle infield is pathetic. Cubs made up four games in last five days

Don't worry, the Cubs face the red hot White Sox next, that will slow them down. And what the f*** happened to Colby Rasmus? He was my guy, but for the last month he's been playing all Gordon Beckham-y.