2011 AL Central Catch-All Thread

Balta1701

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 7, 2011 -> 07:59 PM)
Brad Penny is going to get SHELLED in the AL

He was getting shelled in the NL before his pixie dust run in St. Louis last year, the AL will eat him alive.

Luckily for the Tigers he won't hurt them that badly because he will end up on the DL eventually, the last time he pitched 200 innings in a season was probably 4 years ago.

QUOTE (hawksfan61 @ Apr 8, 2011 -> 10:04 AM)
He was getting shelled in the NL before his pixie dust run in St. Louis last year, the AL will eat him alive.

Luckily for the Tigers he won't hurt them that badly because he will end up on the DL eventually, the last time he pitched 200 innings in a season was probably 4 years ago.

Well...he might not personally hurt them that badly...but that's not a deep rotation even with him.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 8, 2011 -> 11:44 AM)
Well...he might not personally hurt them that badly...but that's not a deep rotation even with him.

Agreed, which is why I scratch my head anytime the Tigers are listed as contenders in this division. Verlander is awesome and Scherzer looks like a good one, but after that its all questions marks and bad. Porcello has a lot of talent but was terrible last year. Brad Penny and Phil Coke as your 4/5......good luck with that.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Apr 8, 2011 -> 05:25 PM)
Nothing like just turning on the Twins game seeing them down 1-0, then they get 3 hits all near outs, just outside the gloves. Now it's 2-1 Twins.

The analysts made a good point, 1st basemen should have been guarding the line on Span's hit

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 8, 2011 -> 06:26 PM)
The analysts made a good point, 1st basemen should have been guarding the line on Span's hit

Yup, terrible positioning by Barton on that play. I had to shake my head at that game, Anderson was owning the Twins ass for 7 innings and a couple weak hits and some poor defensive positioning later its 2-1 Twins, typical.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 9, 2011 -> 09:10 PM)
i hate watching it

Luckilly I can't watch it tonight otherwise I would be for sure. Mediacom eliminated 32 games or something and this is one of them, so all the fans here are going nuts.

Edited by WilliamTell

QUOTE (Benchwarmerjim @ Apr 9, 2011 -> 09:56 PM)
that Twins offense is brutal so far.

Looks like Brian Fuentes added a palmball this year. he was throwing something at about 78 mph, and the grip looked like the palm

I'm not surprised they're using Cuddyer at 2nd to get Thome's bat in the lineup nearly everyday now.

Brandon McCarthy mowing down the Twinkies today (7+innings so far; 0 runs on 8 hits; 5Ks; 0BBs)

Attaboy Brandon. Finish them off.

Edit:

Of course right after I type this they get 2 hits with the middle of their order coming up...

BMac gets relieved so he doesn't have to face Mourneau and Thome with runners at 2nd and 3rd.

Friggin twinkies.

Edited by scenario