2011 AL Central Catch-All Thread

Balta1701

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Feb 24, 2011 -> 07:00 PM)
Nice to see he hates the Sox as much as we do him:

After reading that, the pitch I throw to Morneau is a high and tight fastball. I wouldn't hit him but get him thinking what may happen if I did. Not saying this specifically for Crain but any pitcher.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ptatc @ Feb 25, 2011 -> 09:22 AM)
After reading that, the pitch I throw to Morneau is a high and tight fastball. I wouldn't hit him but get him thinking what may happen if I did. Not saying this specifically for Crain but any pitcher.

Normally I'd agree, but with a guy who is suffering the effects of multiple concussions, I personally wouldn't take that risk.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Feb 25, 2011 -> 10:30 AM)
Normally I'd agree, but with a guy who is suffering the effects of multiple concussions, I personally wouldn't take that risk.

I don't think you take the concussions into account. If any player says this, you have to brush him away. You can't start making exceptions because of a guy's injury history.

Edited by Milkman delivers

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Feb 25, 2011 -> 10:55 AM)
I don't think you take the concussions into account. If any player says this, you have to brush him away. You can't start making exceptions because of a guy's injury history.

I certainly do, not just for the health of the player but also for the image of the team, I really don't want to be the team that severely hurt a player on purpose. It's one thing to hate another team and be rivals with them, it's another thing to intentionally hit somebody in an area that is known to be damaged heavily and could have severe affects.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Feb 25, 2011 -> 11:03 AM)
I certainly do, not just for the health of the player but also for the image of the team, I really don't want to be the team that severely hurt a player on purpose. It's one thing to hate another team and be rivals with them, it's another thing to intentionally hit somebody in an area that is known to be damaged heavily and could have severe affects.

Did I miss the part where somebody suggested intentionally beaning him?

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Feb 25, 2011 -> 02:18 PM)
Did I miss the part where somebody suggested intentionally beaning him?

You throw high and in and you know there is more than a decent chance of that ball hitting the player, and a good chance of it hitting him in the head.

Not only do you run the risk of severely injuring a human over a baseball game, but it would be media hysteria and a major distraction for the players.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 25, 2011 -> 11:54 AM)
Bernstein mentioned the other day that Mauer still has not fully recovered from his offseason knee surgery, and also has recieved multiple lubrication injections in his knee as well as getting it drained.

I had those injections on a surgically repaired knee - Synvisc. Great stuff. But it backfires pretty regularly too.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Feb 25, 2011 -> 09:30 AM)

Totally agree here. And I'm one that's usually pretty cold-hearted. It'd be open season on White Sox hitters were we to go that route.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Feb 25, 2011 -> 12:24 PM)
You throw high and in and you know there is more than a decent chance of that ball hitting the player, and a good chance of it hitting him in the head.

Not only do you run the risk of severely injuring a human over a baseball game, but it would be media hysteria and a major distraction for the players.

If you can't throw up and in without hitting the batter, you have no business pitching in the MLB.

I'm not advocating hitting him, just to put a little idea in his mind so he's distracted.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 25, 2011 -> 08:47 PM)
Totally agree here. And I'm one that's usually pretty cold-hearted. It'd be open season on White Sox hitters were we to go that route.

And this is one of the things that I actually like about Ozzie. For as brazen as he can be he would never allow that kind of disrespectful tomfoolery in his clubhouse. When I was reading Jonny Gomes' (alleged) celebratory sing and dance number after Wainwrights injury I thought to myself: Ozzie would never allow this kind of bulls*** from his players. And yes, that is an excellent quality in a manager.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Feb 26, 2011 -> 12:20 AM)
If you can't throw up and in without hitting the batter, you have no business pitching in the MLB.

I'm not advocating hitting him, just to put a little idea in his mind so he's distracted.

Oh come on, putting a player in danger like that who has had the injury history that he has is just a bad idea all around. There are plenty of pitchers who could deliver the right pitch, but there are plenty of factors that could go wrong and it's a risk you just don't take in this situation.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Feb 26, 2011 -> 12:28 AM)
And this is one of the things that I actually like about Ozzie. For as brazen as he can be he would never allow that kind of disrespectful tomfoolery in his clubhouse. When I was reading Jonny Gomes' (alleged) celebratory sing and dance number after Wainwrights injury I thought to myself: Ozzie would never allow this kind of bulls*** from his players. And yes, that is an excellent quality in a manager.

Agreed. I want the Sox to demolish the Twins, but do so in the scoreboard. I have no problem with each team not being friends with each other during the season, or smack talk, but that type of crap that Gomes said is just wrong. I would much rather win with class.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Feb 26, 2011 -> 08:06 AM)
Oh come on, putting a player in danger like that who has had the injury history that he has is just a bad idea all around. There are plenty of pitchers who could deliver the right pitch, but there are plenty of factors that could go wrong and it's a risk you just don't take in this situation.

And when he starts crowding the plate and crushing pitchers because he never gets brushed back anymore, they should just bend over and take it.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Feb 28, 2011 -> 03:29 PM)
And when he starts crowding the plate and crushing pitchers because he never gets brushed back anymore, they should just bend over and take it.

If he starts asking for it he can only expect it.

The point is, it would hurt the Sox big time if they were the team that ordered the pitch that hit Morneau in the head and ended his career. You're talking major media drama distracting the team not to mention killing the team image. No thanks, go dominate them on the scoreboard to prove your rivalry dominance.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Feb 28, 2011 -> 06:24 PM)
If he starts asking for it he can only expect it.

The point is, it would hurt the Sox big time if they were the team that ordered the pitch that hit Morneau in the head and ended his career. You're talking major media drama distracting the team not to mention killing the team image. No thanks, go dominate them on the scoreboard to prove your rivalry dominance.

You seem to be implying that the Sox would intentionally be hitting him and that the media would run with that story. Nobody is advocating that.