2011 AL Central Catch-All Thread

Balta1701

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Liriano getting lit up for the third start in a row. His FB has been off 2-4 MPH so far from last year's consistent 94.

ERA hovering around 9.00 and a return to struggled with command again, as well.

5-1 Royals in the top of the 4th. Of course, in years past, 85% of the time the Royals would blow those leads to the Twins the last decade.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 13, 2011 -> 01:07 PM)
Liriano getting lit up for the third start in a row. His FB has been off 2-4 MPH so far from last year's consistent 94.

ERA hovering around 9.00 and a return to struggled with command again, as well.

5-1 Royals in the top of the 4th. Of course, in years past, 85% of the time the Royals would blow those leads to the Twins the last decade.

He threw well for 3 innings, then in the 4th we got him for 8 hits (7 singles) and 6 runs. He was pitching well, we were just hitting some good pitches...

As of right now Nathan's fastball is down about 2.5 MPH. He maxed out at 92 today with an average of 91.19. In the 4 IP he had coming into today his average fastball was 91.2 MPH so he's pretty consistent. In 2009 his average fastball was 93.6 MPH.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 14, 2011 -> 08:42 PM)
Haha, Twins got 1 in the top of the 10th and Damon just walked it off with a 2-run blast in the bottom

Awesome

Pavano had a shutout and only 104 pitches, but Gardenhire took him out to trust his bullpen? And the bullpen blew it twice? But I thought only Ozzie was dumb enough to lose games like that.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Apr 14, 2011 -> 10:28 PM)
As of right now Nathan's fastball is down about 2.5 MPH. He maxed out at 92 today with an average of 91.19. In the 4 IP he had coming into today his average fastball was 91.2 MPH so he's pretty consistent. In 2009 his average fastball was 93.6 MPH.

I think anyone who expected him to come back and be the old Joe Nathan, at least right away, had too high of expectations. Takes awhile to build the arm strength up.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 15, 2011 -> 09:53 AM)
Is it really bad luck when Mauer gets hurt?

Yeah, they have some guys on that team that surprise no one when they go down... Mauer, Morneau, Liriano etc. They have a whole lot of money wrapped up in two of them. I wouldn't be shocked if they really, really regret both of the M-boys extentions.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 15, 2011 -> 07:20 AM)
Pavano had a shutout and only 104 pitches, but Gardenhire took him out to trust his bullpen? And the bullpen blew it twice? But I thought only Ozzie was dumb enough to lose games like that.

Pavano told Gardy he was gassed after 8 innings

QUOTE (Benchwarmerjim @ Apr 15, 2011 -> 10:59 AM)
Pavano told Gardy he was gassed after 8 innings

There is more to that post than meets the eye. There was a long drawn out fight over Buehrle and Danks getting pulled too early, and many feeling that Ozzie was an idiot for doing it.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Apr 15, 2011 -> 07:15 AM)
with some back problems and now this type of injury, at some point the Twins have to seriously discuss moving him from behind the plate. I know that lessens his value somewhat, but he is seemingly hurt a lot

This is why I think catchers deserve special consideration for the value of just being able to play the position, day in and day out, over a period of years. AJ avoiding injury basically his whole career is impressive to me, and when it comes time for HOF voting or just analyzing a player's value, games and innings played are meaningful in my eyes for evaluation of a catcher.