2011 AL Central Catch-All Thread

Balta1701

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 26, 2011 -> 08:42 PM)
So Grady Sizemore looks to have regained some of his magic. Always thought a team should have tried to trade for him when he was hurt and go with high risk/high reward player.

Doesn't seem like the Indians to trade a player that talented while his value is that low. Maybe the Yankees (found a replacement) or the Marlins (way too expensive), but not the Indians. They seem to do whatever they can to capitalize on any and all value they can get out of a player.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 26, 2011 -> 08:42 PM)
So Grady Sizemore looks to have regained some of his magic. Always thought a team should have tried to trade for him when he was hurt and go with high risk/high reward player.

The Sox are the one team that targets guys to buy low...

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 26, 2011 -> 10:55 PM)
The Sox are the one team that targets guys to buy low...

I figured someone would make a run at Sizemore as well, but I knew they would never trade him to us unless we basically gave them a package they knew no one else could touch...and I'm not even sure they would have dealt him to us then.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Apr 27, 2011 -> 12:30 AM)
I figured someone would make a run at Sizemore as well, but I knew they would never trade him to us unless we basically gave them a package they knew no one else could touch...and I'm not even sure they would have dealt him to us then.

Any team can get any player. It's just dependent upon what one team is willing to give up.

In the immortal words of the Million Dollar Man, everybody's got a price.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Apr 27, 2011 -> 12:47 AM)
Any team can get any player. It's just dependent upon what one team is willing to give up.

In the immortal words of the Million Dollar Man, everybody's got a price.

Yeah, I suppose you're right...but I think the price would have been much, much higher for us and the Tigers and Twins than the rest of the league.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Apr 27, 2011 -> 12:30 AM)

I wonder if some of the whispers about the Indians being a steroid-centric team hurt that market?

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 28, 2011 -> 10:48 AM)
Glad we get them a couple times at home next week, while they are still struggling and have some injuries.

yep - and w/mauer out indefinitely it's a real shame we aren't putting some distance between us and them right now. On the other hand, at least we're not losing ground to them either.

Blackburn looks shaky right now. Rays sweep feels very doable.

QUOTE (High Mileage @ Apr 28, 2011 -> 02:46 PM)
Royals have lost 5 in a row, back to .500 baseball. Gordon also lost his 19-game hitting streak last night, he got robbed of at least 2 hits.

Jeff Francoeur has a 16-game hitting streak. Think about how remarkable that is...

And soon, the Indians will find themselves in the same spot. However, I don't see the Royals falling way below .500

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 28, 2011 -> 10:32 PM)
And soon, the Indians will find themselves in the same spot. However, I don't see the Royals falling way below .500

I don't know. I like the Indians a lot better than the Royals, who play hard, but unfortunately for this city, have no starting pitching.

KC fans are hoping home will cure what ails the Royals.

It definitley was a rotten road trip for the boys in Blue.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 28, 2011 -> 11:13 PM)
I don't know. I like the Indians a lot better than the Royals, who play hard, but unfortunately for this city, have no starting pitching. KC fans are hoping home will cure what ails the Royals.

It definitley was a rotten road trip for the boys in Blue.

and the Indians have loads of starting pitching?

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 09:14 AM)
I like their bullpen, but their rotation is no better than 3rd or 4th best in the division.

Right now, their starters have the #5 ERA in the AL, while every other team in the Central is at the bottom of the league.