2011 College Baseball Thread

zenryan

Season starts off tonight.

Very young starting pitching for Miami and one of our top hitters from last year, Chris Palaez is hurt and might miss most of the season.

No one is picking Miami as an Omaha team but I think this team should be a dangerous one.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, I knew Miami's offense last year was horrible but this year is 100x worse. Batting something like .225 as a team hahaha. Atleast the pitching is really good so maybe if this team becomes average on offense, we'll have a chance to keep the postseason streak intact.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Mar 8, 2011 -> 08:44 AM)
Man, I knew Miami's offense last year was horrible but this year is 100x worse. Batting something like .225 as a team hahaha. Atleast the pitching is really good so maybe if this team becomes average on offense, we'll have a chance to keep the postseason streak intact.

Do you think the bats are coming into play? I just can't believe what I'm seeing.

QUOTE (chimpy2121 @ Mar 9, 2011 -> 11:02 PM)
Do you think the bats are coming into play? I just can't believe what I'm seeing.

I doubt it. We're hitting like .240 as a team so i'm sure we'll get it up to the .275 range but that is horrible for college baseball. We're very young(we've only been starting 1 guy who isnt a Freshman or Soph due to injuries) right now. Plus a couple of years ago our hitting coach retired and we have this new guy who sucks.

Our pitching has been awesome though. Gave up just 3 runs this weekend vs Virginia Tech with our starters going 22 2/3 and only allowing one run. If we can somehow figure out a way to score about 5 runs a game then we'll win a lot more than we'll lose in the ACC.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
QUOTE (NIUSox @ Apr 16, 2011 -> 11:39 PM)
Has anyone ever been to the College World Series? There is a decent chance that I will be going there this year for work and am really getting excited. I really hope I get to go.

Lopez went the last few years for work, he's always said it's a great time.

Miami is just beating the crap out of bad teams now. We're 0-6 against the really good teams we've faced this year(Florida,GT) but we're actually playing much better though since the old hitting coach from has re-joined the program. Something like 19-4 since starting 5-8. A lot of those wins have come against the ACC Atlantic division which is really weak this year. Series against UNC,FSU and UVA in the next four weeks will tell if this team is starting to finally grow up or not.

don't mean to troll this thread since I haven't really been posting in here (not that many else have). Ive been pretty busy and havne't really been able to follow my commodores as much as I'd like (only seen about 3-4 games) but from what Ive seen, and mainly what Ive heard - the pitching staff is absurdly loaded. Gray (Friday starter) will be a top 10 pick, Garvin (saturday starter) Moore (closer) will probably be late 1st/sandwich picks, Armstrong (middle reliever/weekday starter) has a chance to be a 1st rounder with just an enormous arm. In addition theres a whole host of really good freshman arms in the pen.

Should be a great post season, and if we are lucky enough to make it to omaha, Im gonna do all i can to try to make it