2011 MLB Catch-All Thread

Balta1701

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Jun 4, 2011 -> 11:19 AM)
http://www.csnbayarea.com/06/03/11/Giants-...amp;feedID=2796

This is an explanation/excuse and not much of an apology. Kinda surprised Sabean wasn't required to release his own statement or get fined.

Its bulls*** that he hasn't been made to yet. Hiding behind some team statement is spineless.

f*** Sabean and Posey too.

I'm agree with Milkman, I hope he's never right again because goddamn, Cousins didn't intend for this, is in tears, apologized, getting death threats and the f*** refuses the apology? f*** him.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 6, 2011 -> 10:13 PM)
Anyone see Mike Morse's line recently?

And tonight, another home run and a 2 run double, all off Lincecum in his first two PA's.

Looks like Jose Bautista 2.0. Wouldn't that be just wonderful? But we did just draft Keenyn Martin. So that will suppress my rage.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 6, 2011 -> 10:13 PM)
Anyone see Mike Morse's line recently?

And tonight, another home run and a 2 run double, all off Lincecum in his first two PA's.

Is that the same Mike Morse the Sox traded away years ago? Wow. Took him a while to figure it out, he's already 29, although I guess he had injury troubles. Well at least that trade directly helped win a WS, so can't complain too much.

Edited by LittleHurt05

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 7, 2011 -> 07:33 AM)
Is that the same Mike Morse the Sox traded away years ago? Wow. Took him a while to figure it out, he's already 29, although I guess he had injury troubles. Well at least that trade directly helped win a WS, so can't complain too much.

Yup. He's built like a locomotive. He's been raking of late. And like with Bautista, he showed flashes the previous year.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 7, 2011 -> 07:50 AM)
Yup. He's built like a locomotive. He's been raking of late. And like with Bautista, he showed flashes the previous year.

He won't be anything like Bautista, not even half of him. I'd put money on that.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 6, 2011 -> 11:15 PM)
Looks like Jose Bautista 2.0. Wouldn't that be just wonderful? But we did just draft Keenyn Martin. So that will suppress my rage.

We're really going to complain about trading away a guy 8 years ago, who just NOW may be figuring it out, when the guy we acquired for him helped us win a WS title 2 years later? Wow.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jun 7, 2011 -> 09:04 AM)
We're really going to complain about trading away a guy 8 years ago, who just NOW may be figuring it out, when the guy we acquired for him helped us win a WS title 2 years later? Wow.

I was being mostly facetious. I don't care about Michael Morse. I do care that we drafted a Keenyn Walker.

I think Mike Morse is a great story, personally. Dude was busted twice for steroids in the minors before they started handing out the 50/100/Life penalties and has worked his way up since that point. May still be dirty, but with something else. May never know. May or may not give credence to Bautista and HGH. May never know.

Joba to the DL.

Oh the irony of the "Joba Rules", they've completely wrecked this kids arm now. With all the pitch counts, and going between the pen and the rotation. What a shame...

QUOTE (Cali @ Jun 8, 2011 -> 08:06 PM)
Joba to the DL.

Oh the irony of the "Joba Rules", they've completely wrecked this kids arm now. With all the pitch counts, and going between the pen and the rotation. What a shame...

I think he did a lot of that to himself also.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 06:37 AM)
The best baseball writer in the business, Jeff Passan, strikes again. http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AtYC...n_mullet_060711

Talks about how baseball needs a villain post Barry Bonds. And Bryce Harper seems like a perfect fit for the part.

Can the guy make it to the majors first?

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 10:30 AM)
This is sorta random...But what the hell has happened to Nick Markakis? This dude had 5-tool (at the very least 4-tool) talent oozing from the seams. He's gone downhill ever since he signed that extension back in '09.

He probably met a woman...