2011 MLB Catch-All Thread

Balta1701

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 15, 2011 -> 04:28 PM)
Well, more like a year and six weeks. '09 was basically wiped out. He played in 133 games last year (132 starts). From '05 through '08 he started 161, 153, 159 and 160 games.

If you're gonna tell me he wasn't hurt last year I'm gonna come back and hit you with that .749 OPS he put up for the season.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 15, 2011 -> 03:29 PM)
If you're gonna tell me he wasn't hurt last year I'm gonna come back and hit you with that .749 OPS he put up for the season.

I was just going by games played/missed. He began last season on the DL. Once he came back he started every game but one that rest of the season. So you're talking about a guy that effectively missed an entire season+. Not all that surprising that he didn't have a great year. But I think he's squashed all doubts on whether if he could regain his pre '09 form. He's gettin' paid.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 14, 2011 -> 11:06 AM)
Now I am hearing that the Astros owner said he wants to stay in the NL (no s***), but the Dbacks said they are willing to move to the AL if it helps the league.

I'd love for the D'backs to join the AL. Means another team near California I could go see the Sox play...

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 15, 2011 -> 03:16 PM)
He's been easily the best player at his position to this point.

It's hard to believe he's only 27. If he keeps this up all year (no reason he shouldn't, as talent has never been an issue), there most definitely will be a team(s) out there willing to sign a superstar SS in his prime to a similar deal. They won't care about one injury plagued year.

Honestly i think the dark horse in all of this is the royals for signing him in the offseason, here is a great example why previously for carl crawford

royals are getting their lumps in this year and are few pieces away from making lots of noise in the central

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 15, 2011 -> 10:07 PM)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-l3IXTQDsDg..._embedded#at=37

Teaser of the Moneyball movie.

I want to see this, but Jonah Hill as Paul Depodesta? I just can't take that seriously.

Yeah, casting him in a movie like this partially compromises its credibility. But I do love Hill. The way he screamed when he saw that mummy or whatever the hell that was in "Accepted" still makes my ribs hurt to this day.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 15, 2011 -> 10:19 PM)
Yeah, casting him in a movie like this partially compromises its credibility. But I do love Hill. The way he screamed when he saw that mummy or whatever the hell that was in "Accepted" still makes my ribs hurt to this day.

Jonah Hill's awesome. I like all the actors from Apatow movies, but Jonah Hill just doesn't seem like the kind of person to play any role in a serious movie. I mean seriously, look at him. He's made for not-so-serious comedies.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 16, 2011 -> 12:58 PM)
These two gentlemen are hot:

Michael Morse since May 23rd: .364/.423/.795/1.218

Adam Lind since June 5th: .457/.524/1.029/1.552

And both happen to play for the Kazahkstan Camelback Couriers....my fantasy keeper team :)

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 16, 2011 -> 09:49 PM)
D.J. Carrasco just balked in the winning run in the 10th inning to give Scott Linebrink the win. No, this is not mad libs, it actually happened.

Yes! I was at the game - Everyone was like "a walk-off balk!? We'll take it!"

Brooks Conrad = clutch

Oh, also said "Go Sox!" to a White Sox scout. He just fist-pumped and slapped my back. haha

Edited by dasox24