Southeast Region

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 24, 2011 -> 01:23 PM)
Wisconsin is the Big Tens version of Butler. There isn't a chance that Butler wins tonight. Badgers by a dozen. Butler needs to play a team that makes mistakes and takes chances. That isn't Wisconsin at all.

You guys are on some serious crazy pills today.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Mar 24, 2011 -> 12:30 PM)
You guys are on some serious crazy pills today.

Yeah, I agree....Wisconsin might indeed beat them up a bit, but to say Butler has no chance seems kind of extreme to me, considering they just beat the Big East regular season champion on Saturday night.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Mar 24, 2011 -> 12:44 PM)
Yeah, I agree....Wisconsin might indeed beat them up a bit, but to say Butler has no chance seems kind of extreme to me, considering they just beat the Big East regular season champion on Saturday night.

Nobody is going to "beat up" Butler, they've already faced two of the most physical teams in the tournament and got by them. You have two teams that play similar styles, with 2 of(if not the 2 best) the best in game coaches in the country that play at an extremely slow pace. This game is going to be physical and close the whole way, with the team that probably makes a higher percentage of their 3's winning this game. I hope it's Butler but this one is a complete toss up imo.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Mar 24, 2011 -> 12:53 PM)
Nobody is going to "beat up" Butler, they've already faced two of the most physical teams in the tournament and got by them. You have two teams that play similar styles, with 2 of(if not the 2 best) the best in game coaches in the country that play at an extremely slow pace. This game is going to be physical and close the whole way, with the team that probably makes a higher percentage of their 3's winning this game. I hope it's Butler but this one is a complete toss up imo.

Oh, I didn't mean beat up literally. I meant beat them by 10 points or so...beat up that way.

I could see Butler just having a bad game and getting worn down in the last quarter of the game or so because Wisconsin just doesn't turn it over.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Mar 24, 2011 -> 02:55 PM)
Oh, I didn't mean beat up literally. I meant beat them by 10 points or so...beat up that way.

I could see Butler just having a bad game and getting worn down in the last quarter of the game or so because Wisconsin just doesn't turn it over.

But you couldn't see Wisconsin having a bad one and scoring something like 33 points? ;)

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Mar 24, 2011 -> 01:14 PM)
But you couldn't see Wisconsin having a bad one and scoring something like 33 points? ;)

I absolutely could see Butler winning too...that's what my point is, I think this one is wide-open...

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Mar 24, 2011 -> 02:35 PM)
If any team shoots 2-21 from 3 and 15-51 from 2, they are going to lose.

As I said, first team to 70 is the team who likely will win.

I'll be surprised if it gets to 70 tonight. I'm thinking something like 65-53 or so.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Mar 24, 2011 -> 03:19 PM)
Haha I almost said if they make it there.

Yeah, I think first one to 60 is the way to go. We are looking at probably about a 60 possession game so the offense would have to be really good for a team to hit 70.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Mar 24, 2011 -> 08:21 PM)
Now he's jacking up everything from 5 feet behind the line. BYU needs to get a shot within 25 feet.

He gets out of control at times which is why I don't know if he'll be that great of a pro player.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Mar 24, 2011 -> 08:27 PM)
He gets out of control at times which is why I don't know if he'll be that great of a pro player.

He's 3 of 14 from three right now, he's absolutely killing BYU here at the moment.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Mar 24, 2011 -> 08:27 PM)

He is by far the best player on an otherwise OK team. In the NBA, he will have a very specific role to play and if he doesn't stay within that role, he won't see the floor. I think he's going to be just fine as a swing guard off the bench.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Mar 24, 2011 -> 08:29 PM)
He's 3 of 14 from three right now, he's absolutely killing BYU here at the moment.

And that last play was plain stupid on his part. Obviously there's no way they would've gotten to the sweet 16 without him, but man let the other players get in on this.