From the old guys . . .

Texsox

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Milkman and J4L, you guys are good. In fact, you're damn good. You know your s*** and it shows. I respect you both. But, I'll tell you that sometimes your schtick gets old and gets on my nerves. But hey, that's MY problem. Sometimes, I'll throw a snide comment out there in response, but then I consider this all in fun. As far as Tex goes, he's a damn good guy ... period. I'll argue that point with anybody at any time. That said, I think that there has never been anyone on this board more pissed at me at any one time than he was a couple of years ago. But, I'll tell you what ... He came right to me and let me know in no uncertain terms that he was pissed. In fact, his first two words to me began with F and Y. We tackled the issue and settled it after a few minutes of kicking it around. How can you not respect that?

I know that personally I tend to be a bit of a "pessimist," but that's more because I don't always agree with the KW style. I have differing views on how the team should be run, especially in areas like drafting and development. I also must say that many of the things that I truly get upset about are topics that will keep appearing, as they have a long term impact on the team, and the last thing I want to see is the Sox struggling to put out a competitive team.

That said, two of my favorite things to do in life is to follow the Sox in the offseason and analyze the moves, and secondly is to watch a Sox game live (at the ballpark or on TV).

QUOTE (YASNY @ Mar 28, 2011 -> 04:07 AM)
Milkman and J4L, you guys are good. In fact, you're damn good. You know your s*** and it shows. I respect you both. But, I'll tell you that sometimes your schtick gets old and gets on my nerves. But hey, that's MY problem. Sometimes, I'll throw a snide comment out there in response, but then I consider this all in fun. As far as Tex goes, he's a damn good guy ... period. I'll argue that point with anybody at any time. That said, I think that there has never been anyone on this board more pissed at me at any one time than he was a couple of years ago. But, I'll tell you what ... He came right to me and let me know in no uncertain terms that he was pissed. In fact, his first two words to me began with F and Y. We tackled the issue and settled it after a few minutes of kicking it around. How can you not respect that?

I understand your view, but I think we just disagree.

As to the pessimism, I don't expect much from me this season. I actually don't think I've been nearly as pessimistic in the last year or more, and I expect good things this season.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Mar 28, 2011 -> 02:27 PM)
I understand your view, but I think we just disagree.

As to the pessimism, I don't expect much from me this season. I actually don't think I've been nearly as pessimistic in the last year or more, and I expect good things this season.

Do you expect Mr. Perfect Curt Hennig to make a comeback?

Oh, wait, he can't...he's dead.

Edited by Y2HH

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Mar 28, 2011 -> 02:39 PM)
:o

I take that as a no, no comeback in sight? :(

I just threw a towel behind my back, caught it, spit my gum in the air and slapped it aside while saying, "Deliver that...Milkman!"

Edited by Y2HH

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Mar 28, 2011 -> 02:41 PM)
I take that as a no, no comeback in sight? :(

I just threw a towel behind my back, caught it, spit my gum in the air and slapped it aside while saying, "Deliver that...Milkman!"

At least you performed a perfect homage in making fun of me. I can't even be angry.

The old guys around here have sat through many a White Sox season where we knew the team had zero chance of making the playoffs. We came away with some great memories. People we met, things we did, great experiences at the games. We saw some great plays from terrible players, we watched some interesting characters. A good season was when a team was competitive until the Bears started playing. Relax and watch the season unfold. Be a fan, look for what could go right. Let your expectations rise, this team, if things go their way, will be in the hunt all summer.

Yu know what, that's true. We have great memories from even the s***tiest of seasons. But guess what? Tickets were DIRT CHEAP back then.

Y'all have the day you want. The goal of my original post was to urge you to enjoy the games. Sorry that was so f***ing offensive. Some of you will learn nothing in the next thirty years of life worth sharing, but most of you will and I hope you at least attempt to share that. Life can be a learning experience, if you let it. A lot of people put words in my mouth, and decided they knew what I was "really" saying. I can tell you that most were very wrong. The mods and the admins are aware of the conversations that led to the post and the sincere manner in which it as intended.

So for some I say, I hope this is a great day for you. For others, I hope you have the type of day you want. I will never wish a great day for people who would prefer to have a s***ty one.

QUOTE (Tex @ Mar 29, 2011 -> 05:54 AM)
Y'all have the day you want. The goal of my original post was to urge you to enjoy the games. Sorry that was so f***ing offensive. Some of you will learn nothing in the next thirty years of life worth sharing, but most of you will and I hope you at least attempt to share that. Life can be a learning experience, if you let it. A lot of people put words in my mouth, and decided they knew what I was "really" saying. I can tell you that most were very wrong. The mods and the admins are aware of the conversations that led to the post and the sincere manner in which it as intended.

So for some I say, I hope this is a great day for you. For others, I hope you have the type of day you want. I will never wish a great day for people who would prefer to have a s***ty one.

Tex,

You are a product of your age and experiences, just as Yasny and FlaSoxxJim and some of the other guys around here that are a bit longer in the teeth. Some of the younger posters this thread is aimed at are a product of theirs. No one can tell them to change, or snap their fingers and expect them to appreciate things more, or expect less. They have to live their own lives, form their own personalities, and decide on their own how they want to view the White Sox.

So let's allow them that and move forward.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Mar 29, 2011 -> 06:00 AM)
Tex,

You are a product of your age and experiences, just as Yasny and FlaSoxxJim and some of the other guys around here that are a bit longer in the teeth. Some of the younger posters this thread is aimed at are a product of theirs. No one can tell them to change, or snap their fingers and expect them to appreciate things more, or expect less. They have to live their own lives, form their own personalities, and decide on their own how they want to view the White Sox.

So let's allow them that and move forward.

No, f*** them. Tex is right, they will learn to appreciate things more or I will beat appreciation into their modern day nothing is good enough and life sucks mentality -- despite the fact that life has never been better.

Take that with your political correctness and understanding of the wasted youth, Shackie.

Edited by Y2HH

QUOTE (since56 @ Mar 29, 2011 -> 08:12 AM)
What we have here is failure to communicate. A generation gap. With a new generation and a new gap. The older guys have been beaten into submission by time. The younger want it all now. So what's new?

Beaten into submission by time?

Not me!

I'm in my prime!