2011-2012 NCAA Basketball Thread

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Jan 24, 2012 -> 08:41 PM)
Man Purdue is bad... but is there any doubt they'll shoot out of their minds vs. IU? Hummel is a shell of his old self.

It was funny watching Novak and Hummel play against each other... again. And hopefully for the last time.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jan 24, 2012 -> 10:19 PM)
I dont see Minnesota making it and no way does Northwestern even deserve to be mentioned. A good RPI is nice to talk about but you have to start winning some big games eventually.

You mean a win against a top ten team like Michigan State?

Gotta love playing on the road as a top 10 team. Mizzou led by 8 with 6:30 to go and then Oklahoma State went 8/9 from the field. Just two of those were layup/dunks. 6/7 on jump shots including 3/3 on 3s down the stretch. Ok State is a brutal team that had the game of their lives. If only the rest of the conference would do this s*** against Kansas we could win the Big 12, but they all s*** themselves at the sight of them.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jan 25, 2012 -> 10:40 PM)
Gotta love playing on the road as a top 10 team. Mizzou led by 8 with 6:30 to go and then Oklahoma State went 8/9 from the field. Just two of those were layup/dunks. 6/7 on jump shots including 3/3 on 3s down the stretch. Ok State is a brutal team that had the game of their lives. If only the rest of the conference would do this s*** against Kansas we could win the Big 12, but they all s*** themselves at the sight of them.

They are going into a place where they could actually lose this weekend, we'll try and do something.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jan 26, 2012 -> 12:34 AM)
They are going into a place where they could actually lose this weekend, we'll try and do something.

ISU will need to do better than 22 points in the first half then. It all depends on which team shows up. Neither version of ISU is particularly good at rebounding or game control, but the better version takes smart shots and definitely could beat Kansas at the Coliseum.

Interesting stat to keep in mind during tonight's Indiana @ Wisconsin game. In IU's last 10 trips to the Kohl Center Wisconsin has won all ten. In those ten games....

3 have been decided by 3 points or less

7 have been decided by 9 points or more

0 have been decided by betweeen 4-8 points

I'm hoping IU can hang around and keep it closer to the 3 points and have a chance to win near the end. But if Wisky comes out hot and IU can't fight through it (see @ OSU), it may get ugly.

I can see where the Tom Crean bias comes from Badger. No one in Wisconsin not a fan of Marquette must like him. And this guy's top notch analysis includes "Sheehey seems like a punk". Whatever. F'in dumbass.

We may not win, but I'll take the first half. I really thought we missed shots we should have made. Wisconsin's vaunted defense didn't seem to stop us from getting to the rim. We'll see how the 2nd half plays out.

Rex,

The Marquette rivalry is only for Wisconsinites. As someone from Illinois I consider Big 10 teams much more rival/enemies than Marquette (also they dont have a football team). I dont know why some people hate Tom Crean so much, but some of them really hate him (although that comment may have been a joke who knows.)

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 26, 2012 -> 09:36 PM)
How has Crean not recognized that Bruiser is guarding Zeller?

Not getting Zeller the ball enough has been a more on-again than off-again problem this year.

Not liking this. To win in an environment as hostile as the Kohl Center, you need to play great defense, which the Hoosiers have done, and hit your shots when you get them, which they have not done.

Ryan Evans is really killing Wisconsin with his belief he can shoot a jump shot, jut doenst make sense.

Bergren was pretty solid on Zeller in the first half, he played in front of him and Indiana seemed reluctant to go over the top. But once you had Brusier who isnt that big, I would have thought theyd try and pound it inside, especially as Zeller was doing much more this half.

Well now that I've cooled down and sobered up, that game was frustrating. The refs didn't cost us the game. Some of the fouls on Cody were mind-boggling, but we get our fair share at home. We knew coming in we had to be 6-8 points better than them, and we weren't the 2nd half. I can only think of one thing that bothered me, and that was Cody sitting so long late in the game. I thought Crean coached well. We scored on an easy basket nearly every single time after a stoppage in play.

Oh, and the day Bo Ryan retires is the day the B1G loses the bad reputation they have for offense. God, that offense is so damn hard to watch.

That may be the nail in the coffin for this game. Iowa State 67, Kansas 59, with 55 seconds left, at Hilton.

Kansas is so very overrated, and their conf schedule is getting tougher.

Also, this ISU team still lacking in rebounds and need a real PG. But they have some serious free-play talent.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Jan 28, 2012 -> 02:07 PM)
Wow. That entire crew from WVa-Syracuse should not be allowed to ref in the tournament this year for missing that blatant goaltend that would have tied it up with 10 seconds left.

Yeah I saw that too, I don't know how they could have missed that.