WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

justBLAZE

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Apr 7, 2011 -> 04:06 PM)
Tb's offense sucks but all you had to do was watch this game to realize he would have shutdown pretty much any offense around today. Not saying he's going to do it consistently but today, no one would have stood a chance.

I saw it live. Jackson has had plenty of standout performances. That's not his problem. It's command and overall consistency.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where's the Lilly love ?

I didn't get home until the 7th inning so forgive me if I forgot someone significant. Funny because I like Lily and always have. I was under the impression he was generally liked around here from what I recall last season. Imagine my surprise to revisit the board at the start of the season and see so much hatred for him. I was like "WTF? Where did all this come from?"

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 7, 2011 -> 03:14 PM)
I'm glad the 11 starts Daniel Hudson had in the National League last year with a .241 BABIP convinced you he's the second coming of Christ.

Ay, what the hell is with people twisting every god damn thing I say today? So far Huddy has been better than Edwin since the trade. Do I think that will continue? I have no f***in clue. What I do know, is that the best case scenario here is that Edwin becomes an ace this season and we lose him next year while Hudson is in Arizona for quite some time and on the cheap. Now, if Edwin manages to pitch well and we can re-sign him for a couple of years I might have to look at the trade in a different light but as for now, it's a loss for the Sox.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 7, 2011 -> 03:14 PM)
I absolutely agree, but I tend to struggle to look at the Sox in the same light if they had Hudson in the rotation compared to Jackson. Jackson could end up being worth 2 more wins overall than Hudson, and that could be what separates the Sox from winning the division and finishing in second.

And this wouldn't shock me. As I said before the season, I can see Edwin becoming our ace this season or being a bottom of the rotation starter. Today was about as good of a start as there has been in the majors this season but 2 games certainly isn't going to convince me that he's an ace yet. I hope he's figured it out(and I'm leaning towards thinking that he has) and if he has, than yes he's going to make a big difference in not only helping win the division hopefully but making some noise in October but like I said, I need to see some consistency from him.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Apr 7, 2011 -> 04:22 PM)
And this wouldn't shock me. As I said before the season, I can see Edwin becoming our ace this season or being a bottom of the rotation starter. Today was about as good of a start as there has been in the majors this season but 2 games certainly isn't going to convince me that he's an ace yet. I hope he's figured it out(and I'm leaning towards thinking that he has) and if he has, than yes he's going to make a big difference in not only helping win the division hopefully but making some noise in October but like I said, I need to see some consistency from him.

I tend to think he has figured it out too, because last year he really only had one bad start when he was with the Sox, otherwise he's been dynamite. He's still going to be a question mark until he proves he can keep it up.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 7, 2011 -> 05:16 PM)
I saw it live. Jackson has had plenty of standout performances. That's not his problem. It's command and overall consistency.

I think I disagree with this.

I think Jackson's problem was games like last time out...where he didn't have his best stuff. When he's on, he demolishes people, it's been like that since he was with the Rays. THe issue is...what happens if he's not on? Can he pitch through it or not?

Lately, he's been doing exactly that.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 7, 2011 -> 04:44 PM)
I think I disagree with this.

I think Jackson's problem was games like last time out...where he didn't have his best stuff. When he's on, he demolishes people, it's been like that since he was with the Rays. THe issue is...what happens if he's not on? Can he pitch through it or not?

Lately, he's been doing exactly that.

I've followed Jackson enough (mostly due to fantasy) to know by now not to get excited after a dominant start or two. If by June he's dealing, then we can talk. That's just me.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 7, 2011 -> 04:54 PM)
You are also consistently on record as disliking Jackson, so you have a pretty big reason to hope that he fails.

And I say this with respect, but that's by far the dumbest myth and accusation in Soxtalk history. Basically, you're saying I have to kiss every White Sox player's ass independent of anything because they're, well, White Sox. And if I don't that means I want them to fail. Take that weak s*** to northsidebaseball.com

Youve gone way past the point of reasonable criticism of Jackson , and there is no other conclusion that can be reached besides for you are trying to protect your own reputation.

Ive made critical comments about White Sox players innumerable times on this message board, but there is a difference between being critical and what you have done with Jackson.

Its abundantly clear to me, that you have a personal interest in Jackson failing to prove your arguments about the trade.

As for going to northsidesox, no idea what that is, nor do I care.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (LVSoxFan @ Apr 7, 2011 -> 11:10 PM)
Great all-around game. Pitching. Defense. Timely hitting. Bullpen. Stolen bases. Double steal!

Just got back from it but DAMN IT WAS COLD. DAMP cold.

:)

I'm happy i have sunday tickets!

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Apr 7, 2011 -> 05:22 PM)
LOL at J4L rooting against Jackson.

It's really unbelievable. I've been a regular poster for 8 years and I somehow root against certain guys, essentially wanting them to suck at the expense of the team just so I can say I was right and I can brag to a bunch of people Ive never seen before.

Yet its more believable, that I (some one who has been a regular at this site before you), would for absolutely no reason point you out as being unnecessarily negative on Jackson.

Disagree if you want, but there is a reason I believe it, and its based on your posts.

/shrugs

Perhaps if you dont want Jackson to fail, you should maybe add caveats to your posts like "While Id hope Jackson proves me wrong", etc. Instead of just coming off as completely negative, when you were basically hell bent against the guy last year.

I really dont care, my reputation is what it is.

With Peavy constantly battling injuries and Mark (apparently) beginning to show his age, trading for Jackson last year was huge. Even if he's up-and-down all year, we're going to need him if we want to go deep into the playoffs.

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 7, 2011 -> 05:52 PM)
I think you guys are piling on. It's not like he's just posting "jackson sucks", his posts are reasonably backed up.

I could see both sides honestly. J4L hates on Jackson more than the average non-Jackson supporter. It seems to me, and apparently SoxBadger that unless Jackson goes undefeated in a playoff run to the WS, wins Cy Young, and WS MVP while Dan Hudson tears his arm off, Jackson will never be the better option over keeping Hudson.

I have agreed to disagree awhile ago, but that's how it comes off to some posters.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 7, 2011 -> 05:45 PM)
Yet its more believable, that I (some one who has been a regular at this site before you), would for absolutely no reason point you out as being unnecessarily negative on Jackson.

Disagree if you want, but there is a reason I believe it, and its based on your posts.

/shrugs

Perhaps if you dont want Jackson to fail, you should maybe add caveats to your posts like "While Id hope Jackson proves me wrong", etc. Instead of just coming off as completely negative, when you were basically hell bent against the guy last year.

I really dont care, my reputation is what it is.

I don't get it. What have I said about him that it's so over the top that it's obvious I have a blind hatred? Are you saying that he hasn't been inconsistent his entire career? It's not like I'm questioning Roy Halladay. Just ask yourself what your opinion would be of him were he a Cub or Twin. Then the bias would disappear.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 7, 2011 -> 04:38 PM)
It's really unbelievable. I've been a regular poster for 8 years and I somehow root against certain guys, essentially wanting them to suck at the expense of the team just so I can say I was right and I can brag to a bunch of people Ive never seen before.

He's acknowledged the psychosis. That's at least step 5 or 6. There's hope for the young man yet.

Nothing but love. :gosoxretro:

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Apr 7, 2011 -> 06:16 PM)
I could see both sides honestly. J4L hates on Jackson more than the average non-Jackson supporter. It seems to me, and apparently SoxBadger that unless Jackson goes undefeated in a playoff run to the WS, wins Cy Young, and WS MVP while Dan Hudson tears his arm off, Jackson will never be the better option over keeping Hudson.

I have agreed to disagree awhile ago, but that's how it comes off to some posters.

Yup. It's pretty clear that Hudson has been anointed Jesus Christ status by some around here because he managed 11 solid starts in the NL with a .241 BABIP.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Apr 7, 2011 -> 05:50 PM)
Sorry, but I don't. This is an overeaction to one bad game/day

Not even close. AJ was bad at the plate last year, he's 34 with a ton of wear and tear on him from catching more than most catchers do(sounds funny but you know what I mean), I fully expect him to be the weak link of this offense and it has nothing to do with the 6 games so far.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 7, 2011 -> 06:16 PM)
Yup. It's pretty clear that Hudson has been anointed Jesus Christ status by some around here because he managed 11 solid starts in the NL with a .241 BABIP.

And some of you guys read what the hell you want to read while completely missing the point.