All In The Twins Ass; 5/4/2011 Gamethread

Quin

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 4, 2011 -> 04:06 PM)
Chet, who the f*** is that in your avy?

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ May 4, 2011 -> 04:08 PM)
It has to be a girl from Mike in Brazil. :cheers

That's my girl. I'll bring her to the next Soxtalk get together if y'all wan't me to...

Ha just playing. Just some random pic I got off the internets.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 4, 2011 -> 02:48 PM)
Uh we did win WWII...

LOL, yes, but I wouldn't have wanted to be one of those brave souls who had to storm that beach! Talk about bloodshed, mercy...that's how I feel going into this West Coast trip. It can and will get worse...

I went to Saturday's game and that was an ugly game. Hardly any hitting, and what in the hell happened in the 8th?!

They aren't a team that is going to the postseason, as predicted. I know last year they started slow, and I joked about how one guy was hitting above .200, it seemed, around this point in the year, no less, but they turned it on to be in contention in September. The way they are playing, though, they will be mathematically eliminated by mid-August.

And no-hit despite 6 walks?! I saw them get no-hit against the Yankees in 1990 at the old ballpark, and they won.

For a predicted league-best starting rotation, and hitting lineup, they have shown that not even the prediction of a Boston WS win is as far from the realm of possibilities as simply a .500 season is for the Pale Hose, and I do mean pale- like no signs of life.

QUOTE (flavum @ May 4, 2011 -> 09:00 PM)
It makes me wonder if they converted all of the early saves, and actually started the season 11-2, or whatever it was... Would they be a good team now? Did the bullpen woes infect this team mentally, and they just can't get out of it now? It's just a bad team with no balls.

That is a great question.

I do think we have a fragile team, we usually do, and I think it would have been different.

I can't even remember the blown saves now, but that one night we blew a three-run lead in the ninth against some team that wasn't even playing well at the time. That was a killer.

I definitely think our players are fragile p*****s and the bullpen implosions pretty much put the team in the swoon that buried them by the end of the first week of May.