All In The Twins Ass; 5/4/2011 Gamethread

Quin

You think the Sox are having a bad day? Imagine this: You're a Siamese Twin's fan. Your brother is gay, you're not. He has a date tonight. You only have one ass.

Going for the Sox in this corner, 6'1, 215 pounds John "The Blackout" Danks!

john-danks-chicago-white-sox.jpg

For the Twinkies,, 6'4, 240 Nick "Oh s***. I'm about to get bounced from this rotation" Blackburn!

Minnesota%20Twins%20v%20Tampa%20Bay%20Ra

:gosoxretro:

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 3, 2011 -> 11:28 PM)
Fans should give a standing ovation if and when the Sox get their first hit off the Twins this game/season.

Oh they will.

Hopefully it's not in July! and I am deathly serious about that too

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 3, 2011 -> 10:08 PM)
You think the Sox are having a bad day? Imagine this: You're a Siamese Twin's fan. Your brother is gay, you're not. He has a date tonight. You only have one ass.

Going for the Sox in this corner, 6'1, 215 pounds John "The Blackout" Danks!

john-danks-chicago-white-sox.jpg

For the Twinkies,, 6'4, 240 Nick "Oh s***. I'm about to get bounced from this rotation" Blackburn!

Minnesota%20Twins%20v%20Tampa%20Bay%20Ra

:gosoxretro:

If the clowns he faces tomorrow hit him then yeah, he should probably voluntarily step down from his role as a starter in the Twins rotation, and perhaps retire. Luckily for him, the Sox lineup is about as threatening as an invalid who walks funny and whistles to communicate. I think he'll be just fine.

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ May 3, 2011 -> 11:46 PM)
If the clowns he faces tomorrow hit him then yeah, he should probably voluntarily step down from his role as a starter in the Twins rotation, and perhaps retire. Luckily for him, the Sox lineup is about as threatening as an invalid who walks funny and whistles to communicate. I think he'll be just fine.

Not if Brent Lillibridge is in the lineup. Then it will be feared.

I'm honestly rooting for another no-hitter.

Why not?

If we're destined not to make the playoffs (which is likely), why not just embrace the pile of filth rotting on the field? I want every loss to be so pitiful, so embarrassing, that there's no choice but to force change upon the organization. It doesn't have to be immediate change, either. I'd rather watch this team gradually dismantle in front of our eyes.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ May 4, 2011 -> 01:27 AM)
I'm honestly rooting for another no-hitter.

Why not?

If we're destined not to make the playoffs (which is likely), why not just embrace the pile of filth rotting on the field? I want every loss to be so pitiful, so embarrassing, that there's no choice but to force change upon the organization. It doesn't have to be immediate change, either. I'd rather watch this team gradually dismantle in front of our eyes.

John_Danks_806852031.jpg

"Sir, I am here to deliver."

It's on WGN for the whole nation to see. And it's fair weather day at the game.

I stuck with the Bulls through thick and thin throughout the last decade, so I'm doing the same with the Sox. I'll probably wear a brown bag over my head but I'll be there as a loyal dedicated Sox fan.

The Sox WILL WIN this game today - no ifs ands or buts about it. They will win today.

I don't care how bad the team is... I'm still a proud Chicago White Sox fan. This is my team, and I'm going to root for them rain or shine.

Now dammit go out there and play with some pride and get this s*** straighened out.

To be serious, which is a complete 180 from last night (except for that Conte post I made to Milkman, not sure what I was doing there), this team got no hit last night. That really, really sucks. And I mean that on as many levels as possible...the players sucked, it sucked watching it, and quite frankly, it was a sucky no-hitter...Liriano looked terrible until the 7th, and even then he didn't look great.

This is absolutely the most important game of the season thus far. The no-hitter either serves as a wake up call and they start to show signs of life, perhaps even winning a few games, or it serves as the nail in the coffin and they will continue to bury themselves as they start this west coast swing.

Personally, I could care less either way. I'm going down for graduation today, and I am going to get torn the f*** up.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 3, 2011 -> 11:08 PM)

Yesterday, it was Francisco "Oh s***. I'm about to get bounced from this rotation" Liriano. It worked out well for him. :gosox1:

QUOTE (flavum @ May 4, 2011 -> 09:55 AM)
Pierre, Ramirez, Dunn, Konerko, Quentin, Pierzynski, Rios, Teahen, Vizquel

Winning line up. Teahen is my pick to click. Rios will get off too.

Come on guys it's not going to get any worse. It can't. There's too much talent on this team for them to be this bad for very long. It's darkest before dawn.