All In The Twins Ass; 5/4/2011 Gamethread

Quin

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 4, 2011 -> 01:27 PM)
LOL. Pierre is just a joke in the OF. Can't even pick up a baseball!

dude give me a f***ing break, that s*** was pretty much in the wall.. thats not pierres fault

QUOTE (ChrisLikesBaseball @ May 4, 2011 -> 01:26 PM)
And also in Juan's defense he got on base 3 times last night and now once today. Can't really ask a ton more of your leadoff hitter.

Better not to defend him at this point. You'll only jinx him worse.

QUOTE (T R U @ May 4, 2011 -> 01:28 PM)
dude give me a f***ing break, that s*** was pretty much in the wall.. thats not pierres fault

It doesn't matter. Once you reach down into the wall to play it, it doesn't matter if it's stuck, they can run for days.

Had he threw his hands up before reaching down for it, the ump would have killed it.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 4, 2011 -> 01:28 PM)
Times like this you have to be thrilled that Pierre is one of the most durable players in baseball.

I almost wish they had Kotsay or Erstad to "light a fire" under this team, haha. Because it's certainly not coming from Ozzie.

You almost think stadium vendors who are envisioning months of lost revenue are more upset about this start than our manager.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 4, 2011 -> 01:29 PM)
Juan Pierre is a great guy and have never heard anything bad about him....but someone get him a drug test, as Steve Howe seemed more coherent than Pierre does this year.

2001=Jose Canseco

2011=White Sox bring back Daryl Strawberry and Dwight Gooden?

Heck, might as well stick Bonds and Sosa out there to draw some media interest and random/casual "walk up" fans to the park.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 4, 2011 -> 01:32 PM)
1) Calm the hell down.

2) Sorry it took me more than half a second to type out the edit, because I started editing it less than 2 seconds after posting it, when the replay was showed.

3) Calm the hell down.

lol whose not calm? you tried to be cute and put "broham" on there so I just told you that I posted before you edited, so don't be a dumbass.. stop overreacting

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 4, 2011 -> 01:31 PM)
Only against the sox would a player accidentally hook a nice change up into the corner only to have it stuck under the wall as the umps allow an extra base.

No, it was Pierre's mistake for reaching in, that negates a lodged ball situation, ump made the right no call to keep the play alive.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 4, 2011 -> 01:33 PM)
Ummm....with this line-up, Kris Honel might be able to get a quality start for the Sox.

Or at least one of either Broadway/McCulloch.

Whoa, let's not reach out there too far. The ghost of Honel's shoulder couldn't get me out.