All In The Twins Ass; 5/4/2011 Gamethread

Quin

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 4, 2011 -> 12:08 PM)
Supposedly he started to come out of the dugout, but went back in once Becks quit arguing.

He started to come out, but Beckham let the subject go pretty quickly. There wasn't much energy in the stadium, even as the no hitter approached.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 4, 2011 -> 10:54 AM)
Does anyone doubt that the Sox will score 6-8 runs this afternoon and end internal talks of Walker being fired, and secure this man's job, causing us to all rip our hair out?

I do. I think this team is lost and leadership is out to lunch. Ozzie is doing nothing to put the focus on himself instead of the players like he's done in the past. I think he's over them, too. Think about it, tanking like this at the start of two straight seasons? With all the emphasis (and there was a ton) on getting off to a good start?

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 4, 2011 -> 01:54 PM)
Does anyone doubt that the Sox will score 6-8 runs this afternoon and end internal talks of Walker being fired, and secure this man's job, causing us to all rip our hair out?

I really can't see them pulling it together for that kind of outburst. Which of course means you're right and they will.

I really thought winning the first two games at Yankee Stadium would light a fire under this team.

Didn't exactly happen.

The only thing left is Peavy's return and subsequent DL trip to dim the only torch left this season in KW's holster.

PLEASE STOP RUNNING "ALL-IN" COMMERCIALS FOR THE TIME BEING!!!!

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 4, 2011 -> 12:59 PM)
I do. I think this team is lost and leadership is out to lunch. Ozzie is doing nothing to put the focus on himself instead of the players like he's done in the past. I think he's over them, too. Think about it, tanking like this at the start of two straight seasons? With all the emphasis (and there was a ton) on getting off to a good start?

You missed the pregame then. He pretty much said he should get fired.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 4, 2011 -> 02:06 PM)
This was more than if they want to blame someone, then they should fire me.

If he's going to say that and he thinks that he's part of the problem then he should quit. Otherwise its a copout.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 4, 2011 -> 12:54 PM)

That's exactly what I think will happen.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 4, 2011 -> 12:33 PM)
Anyway, what's for lunch, guys? I'm thinkin' Girordanos or however you spell it or Chiggys? I love me some gyros.

I'd do a gyros if I didn't eat a whole pot of chili last night while we tailgated last night's game. I can't my toilet surviving the chili/gyros 1-2 punch.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 4, 2011 -> 06:15 PM)
Well, now the only remaining question is whether we'll get a hit during this shutout.

I'm predicting the first ever game where one team hits into 9 double plays in one game.