All In The Twins Ass; 5/4/2011 Gamethread

Quin

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (flavum @ May 4, 2011 -> 10:08 AM)
Gut feeling---there will be a roster move after this game, either today or tomorrow. Somebody will not be getting on the plane to Seattle tomorrow night.

Depending on the outcome of the game and how everything goes, it could be a coach too. At some point, the comfort level is too high with a certain coach and you need to shake it up.

So a thought came to me that really frustrated me about last night. Twice this year, the Sox faced a lefty where they only scored one run against the starter (Braden, Britton). In both of those games, the only run came due to Lillibridge. Why is Ozzie not finding a spot against LHP for one of our few dangerous hitters right now?

QUOTE (fathom @ May 4, 2011 -> 10:22 AM)
So a thought came to me that really frustrated me about last night. Twice this year, the Sox faced a lefty where they only scored one run against the starter (Braden, Britton). In both of those games, the only run came due to Lillibridge. Why is Ozzie not finding a spot against LHP for one of our few dangerous hitters right now?

Juan Pierre must play everyday

Not that it's spectacular, but Andruw Jones is 3 for 13 with a homer and 2 walks in his career against Liriano. He would have been a more potent threat than Dunn last night and it would be nice to have someone to play behind Rios in case he got into a funk, which he has done.

Looking completely in hindsight, it would have been nice to have him on the roster opposed to Will Ohman. It's wrong because I actually had no problem with the Ohman signing, but it would have been great to have had him back, especially considering their struggles against lefties this year and the fact that it seems like they've already faced a ton of them. That probably bumps Lillibridge from the roster at some point too, but perhaps they would have worked around that, or sent Morel down earlier instead.

Whatever. Win.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 4, 2011 -> 10:33 AM)
Not that it's spectacular, but Andruw Jones is 3 for 13 with a homer and 2 walks in his career against Liriano. He would have been a more potent threat than Dunn last night and it would be nice to have someone to play behind Rios in case he got into a funk, which he has done.

Looking completely in hindsight, it would have been nice to have him on the roster opposed to Will Ohman. It's wrong because I actually had no problem with the Ohman signing, but it would have been great to have had him back, especially considering their struggles against lefties this year and the fact that it seems like they've already faced a ton of them. That probably bumps Lillibridge from the roster at some point too, but perhaps they would have worked around that, or sent Morel down earlier instead.

Whatever. Win.

You don't need hindsight to be opposed to Will Ohman.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ May 4, 2011 -> 10:03 AM)
Winning line up. Teahen is my pick to click. Rios will get off too.

Come on guys it's not going to get any worse. It can't. There's too much talent on this team for them to be this bad for very long. It's darkest before dawn.

WOULD PEOPLE STOP f***ING SAYING THIS?!

QUOTE (fathom @ May 4, 2011 -> 10:22 AM)

I was hoping that Lillibridge would PH for Rios last night in the 8th. Nope, he just got used as a pinch runner.

QUOTE (ChrisLikesBaseball @ May 4, 2011 -> 11:51 AM)
I was at the game last night and I haven't gone through the game thread.. was anyone wondering why Omar didn't pinch hit for Morel in the 9th last night?

Ozzie doesn't PH Omar. If he would have used a PH it would have been Teahen.

QUOTE (ChrisLikesBaseball @ May 4, 2011 -> 11:51 AM)
I was at the game last night and I haven't gone through the game thread.. was anyone wondering why Omar didn't pinch hit for Morel in the 9th last night?

I wondered the same thing. I also wondered why Ozzie didn't complain about the bad call of Beckham at first. To me it just looked like the Sox gave up during the last two innings.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ May 4, 2011 -> 12:07 PM)
I wondered the same thing. I also wondered why Ozzie didn't complain about the bad call of Beckham at first. To me it just looked like the Sox gave up during the last two innings.

Supposedly he started to come out of the dugout, but went back in once Becks quit arguing.

I think it's the uniforms causing this slump. We need to chnage them to the traditional white pin stripes. I am sure of it kind of maybe. I really do feel strongly both ways about this issue. But, I will be watching on WGN today